Cherry Bruton's Interview

"Now, quickly, try on this dress!" Squealed my stylist, Marisa. She was overexcited as this was her first year working as a stylist in district three, she had only done costumes for district eleven.

Marisa squealed excitedly, before opening a large box, pulling out a dress, some silver high heels, and a makeup kit. The rest of my prep team took the makeup and went to work on my face. By the time they were done, I was wearing blue eyeshadow, and deep red lipstick. Marisa took the dress and gently handed it to me.

The dress was a light pink, so it didn't look to fancy. "Try it on!" Urged Marisa, clapping excitedly. I sighed and gave up. "Look away." I ordered them, and hopefully they listened as I changed into the casual dress. Almost instantly, Roses began sprouting from my dress. Roses in all different colors; pink, purple, green, blue, and many other colors.

"This is beautiful!" I exclaimed, admiring the dress. Marisa handed me the heels. They were silver with butterflies carved into them, forming the outside of the heel.

Now I looked pretty. I was escorted to a small, silver car by my prep team. Soon, we arrived at a giant stadium where interviews were held. I rushed quickly behind the build, opening a door in the back. I had been told this is where we wait, but the only other person here was Red. Before long, the place began to fill up, but no one sat on the stone bench, next to me.

After not long, Elaine bursted through the door, wobbling under her heels. She carefully took a seat next to me. "Sparrow should be here soon." She said, closing her eyes. Don't fall asleep, Elaine. After a few minutes Sparrow entered, wearing a brown dress, which was barely visible because of the sparrow feathers that coated it. Classic!

"My stylist is such an idiot!" Sparrow muttered, before sitting next to us. Before long, tributes began their interviews, and before long, it was my turn. "Good luck!" Elaine whispered, and I nodded in reply as I entered the stage, a worried expression painted across my face. Something would go wrong.

I stepped onto the stage, greeted by Sequin, the interviewer. She wore a long white dress, with flowers weaves in, it reminded me of a wedding dress. "Hello Cherry! How are you liking the capital?" Sequin asked.

"I don't know. Leaving home is a bit scary, but the food is nice! And the beds! And showers!" I squealed excitedly, unable to control my inner beast. But, to my surprise, Sequin laughed.

"What do you miss about back home?" Sequin asked.

At this I began tearing up. I missed Home. I missed my sister. I missed my life. And my friends. School work, spying on factories, I missed it all. "Everything."

"Well," Sequin began, she obviously felt bad for making me cry. But it's ok, I can hold my emotions well anyways. "Who do you think stands out this year?"

I smiled. "Elaine. She wants to save me. The others just wish me dead." I spat harshly. It was true, my death wouldn't be a big deal to the careers. Just another cannon, another face in the sky. That wouldn't be me.

"Who is your biggest threat?" Asked Sequin.

I shook my head. "Everyone." Sequin giggled. She was such a girl. I wonder if I got home... I could make a new life, a better one. The world, it's painful, but after that pain comes joy.

"Who do you think is the weakest tribute?" Asked Sequin, smirking. "Myself." I answered honestly, it was true. I wouldn't last long. I was going to die. "What gives you an advantage?" Asked Sequin.

"Pity. Sympathy. Guilt. Who kills the child with cancer. Actually the careers would."

"Why Do you think you deserve to win?" Asked Sequin.

"I don't. Every tribute has a life, and I won't take their to keep my own."

"Who is your alliance?" Sequin questioned, studying my face. I was going to cry. This always happens, I get all teared up over nothing. I swallow. "Sparrow and Elaine."

"Well, give it up Cherry Bruton, District Three!"