Cal Kirin's Interview

I saw Florina walk off the stage with a weak smile on her face. She looks at me for a moment before looking away again. I was nervous even if I seemed confident, but I was going to do this.

Sequin Sparkle called out my name meaning it was time to go on.

I walk on and look at the crowd - thousands of people dressed in odd dresses. Their hands clapping as I slowly made my way up; everything suddenly went quiet. I heard nothing only my racing heart, but soon I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I turn around lazily.

"I asked if you're okay, Cal?" Sequin Sparkle flashes me a smile.

"Oh yes - I'm fine!" I beam a quick smile hearing a few giggles in return.

"Come and take a seat or are you willing to stand there all night for the ladies?" she laughs as more laughter floods the room.

I attempt a smirk in return.

Sequin walks over to the orange seat and sits down, her long purple dress coming along behind her. I look down at the sequins on her dress slightly blinding me as the light flashes off each one.

"You're looking like a charmer tonight" she nudges me with a giggle - from a distance.

I had been dressed into a blue-white tux and my hair had been done up. They had used so much hair gel my hair felt stiff and it wouldn't move.

"Thank you" I give her a wide toothy smiles and go sit in the small blue chair beside her.

"You're young just like your district partner; aged 17 yes?"

"Well-uh-yes" I stumble over my words.

"How was life in the train - how's the Capitol?"

"It was very comfortable on the train as it is in the Capitol" I say for show.

"That's great - everybody has been saying that about our beautiful Capitol," she boasts about the Capitol.

"Yes, it quite beautiful"

"Well you said you really liked the Capitol but do you miss home?"

"It wasn't as great as the Capitol but I obviously do miss a lot"

"Yes, you must have had very limited things there"

I just nodded.

"Are there any districts making you feel uncomfortable this year?" she asked like she was in suspense.

"District 9 are looking mighty," I say - I see people in the crowd staring at me making me nervous.

"So you're afraid of them?"

"Oh no - of course not"

"You seem sure about yourself" she eyes me.

"I am; I'm going to do this" I say as she let out a breathy laugh.

"Speaking of districts, who seems weak to you?"

"No one precisely seemed weak when I met some of the nice district people"

"Nice district people - do you have an alliance with any?"

"I'm not that close with any to make allies"

"Are you as strong as people say because I've been hearing things like this?"

"I don't know, I guess I am" I flash the crowd a smile.

"So you can win with this power?" Sequin asks challengingly.

"Maybe I can" I nod.

"Whom are you winning for?"

I hesitate.

Was it right for me to tell them?

"For Florina" I whisper.

"Oh my-" she laughs, "she sees you only as a friend though"

"Well that's what we'll stay as then"

"Well Cal it was a pleasure speaking to you"

"Pleasures all mine"

"Ladies and gentleman Cal Kirin"

I lift up my fist and laugh as the crowd yelled and cheered on.

I walk of stage, coming face to face with other districts - it was going to be a tough year.