Chase Williams' Bloodbath

It is time.

It is time.

It is time.

Time for the Games.

My legs shook as I stepped into the tube, and the glass closed, at the same time as my eyes. There was a way of zoning out out, a talent I had. Something that had the potential of being the games winner.

"Ten!" I opened my eyes, searching for my allies: Bryan, Delvin, and Cotton. I met the eyes of all of them, and they nodded. Some people might think that alliances are weak, but the careers have them, right? Suddenly a snort escaped me. The careers. I made a mental note to kill one of them in the bloodbath, but then I remember that I would.

An alliance formed at the last minute wouldn't be as smart as us, and neither would the careers. We knew who to kill. And that, well, that just happened to change everything in the most exciting way.

"Five!" I refocused as soon as the booming noise almost knocked me backwards. It would be a horrible pity for the best tribute to die on the first day.

"Four!" That was it! It was then, and only then, that I altered my focus so it could be on everything. A few tributes were gazing at me with bloodthirsty eyes, but none that I would kill.

"Three!" Just three, an simple number. "Two!" The second to last. "One!" Time to kill!"

I jumped off my mini island and onto the bridge before anyone else could think of it. The first minute approaching the cornucopia was easy, the next filled with dodging and pushing. The first Tribute to murder, I decided, would be Callisto. She annoyed me.

"Get away!" I hissed to a tall girl standing in my way. "I need a spear."

"Make me," she replied with a glare.

"No time. Just get out of my way," was my response. Most surprisingly, she did. The cornucopia was almost empty, so it was easy to take a bow, a spear, a backpack, and a few small containers filled with food, which I slipped into the backpack. Spear in hand, I walked around, the noticed someone. Callisto. Perfect.

Callisto stepped forward, challenging me with a knife, though I knew it was not her ideal weapon. Perfect. The arena had my ideal design, I had my ideal weapon, and the person I would kill was standing right in front of me.

Blood was dripping off of her spear, and splattered onto the ground. A killing spear. I didn't know what had happened, but I noticed that she had killed. But, ironically, not me.

The arena was perfect for a slow death, small islands bound together by bridges. Under that there was clouds as far as the eye could see. So any body thrown off it would fall forever, or splatter to the ground after a fall of miles, a fall so far you could die only a quarter of the way there.

So I took the knife. A slow death was painful, but a fast death was much more fun. Then I tripped.

It was already imaginable; the air rushing past me as I fell helplessly on and on and on. But, even though it seemed like it was happening, it was not.

Callisto stepped forward, and all I did was push her. A scream escaped her lips, then she fell, and silence grasped me. The first person I have killed in weeks!

By then, my allies, Bryan, Cotton, and Delvin, had already killed their to people, and Titan was yet to die.

"No!" I gasped, when my Titan was nowhere to be found. But then I saw him.

Hanging from a rope to the bridge.

He must have been pretty dumb, because I just heard him whisper a weak, "help." The person I was to kill!

"Sure," Was my arrogant reply. "I'll help you... die." The knife in my backpack, which I had just taken from Titan.

"NO!" He screeched, then realized how stupid it sounded. "Why do you have to kill me?" He added, more quietly this time. "I'm an easy death, after all."

"I have my reasons," I replied, and sliced off one of his hands.

"This..." He started. "This is really happening."

"Yes. Yes it is. So why not just let go?"

"Because I don't want to die," He stated simply.

"What makes you so special?" I retorted. "Nobody wants to die."

With that, I cut off one of Titan's ears, then pushed him.

The scream echoed on and on for hours.