Callisto Reed's Bloodbath

60 seconds.

I stared around at the arena, my jaw dropped open. All I could see was islands and the blue sky. Clouds drifted along the sky, giving the impression of a cheerful place. I chuckled at the irony.

50 seconds.

I'd never been afraid of heights, but looking down at the neverending drop below me made my stomach churn.

40 seconds.

I looked at the tributes on either side of me. To my left was Elaine, and to my right was Red. I smirked at her, and she returned the grin.

30 seconds.

I needed a game plan. I was a fast runner. I could make it to the cornucopia before anyone else, I knew it. Hopefully some tributes would get stuck on their rope bridge, then I would have time to cut the rope and get some quick kills.

20 seconds.

Who would I target? I needed to get rid of some strong competitors. My eyes scanned over Cotton, Chase and Bryan, and my lips tilted up in a cruel smirk. They were probably the biggest threat besides the careers. They needed to be taken down.

10 seconds.

I positioned my feet into a running position, my eyes set on the cornucopia. I looked at the mouth of the cornucopia, spilling over with supplies.

5 seconds.

I took a deep breath.

4...

3...

2...

1...

GONG!

As the gong sounded I sprinted off my pedastel and dashed across the rope bridge, taking slow deep breaths as I ran as fast as I could manage. I heard a cry from my left, and turned to see Elaine as she stumbled over her own feet, landing on the bridge with a cry of surprise. The ground below me changed from bridge to grass as I leapt onto the cornucopia island. I sprinted into the mouth of the conrucopia, and acted fast.

I slung a pack over my shoulder, and picked up my warhammer and my throwing knives. I ran out of the cornucopia and, Elaine must have gotten back on her feet as she was now running for the island. I tossed my throwing knife through the air at an incredibly fast rate and, just before Elaine reached the safety of the island, the knife cut jaggedly through the rope holding up the bridge. Elaine's eyes widened in horror and her mouth opened in a silent scream as she was sent plummeting down, down, down into nothingness.

A dark laugh escaped my mouth as I turned around, looking for my next target. Chase ran towards Cloud and tackled him to the ground, his lips curled in a snarl. They wrestled for a moment, pretty fairly matched, until Chase got the upper hand and viciously stabbed Cloud in the throat. Blood gurgled in Cloud's mouth and his eyes rolled back in his head. Chase laughed and stood up, wiping the blood off of his shirt. I held my warhammer in the air and took off at a sprint, shouting at the top of my lungs. Chase barely had time to turn to me and open his mouth in a shout of surprise before my hammer smashed into his face.

Blood spurted from Chase's head and splattered onto my clothes, but I barely noticed. I watched as Chase fell to the ground, twitching slightly, before going still.

I looked around at the other tributes. India shouted out in anger before punching Chrystal in the face, her expression contorted into one of rage. Chrystal screamed and fell to the ground, clutching her cheek. India jumped onto her and grabbed the collar of her shirt, then proceeded to constantly punch her. I immediately knew she was a goner.