Red Velvet's POV

My side wound is starting to heal. The bandages from the Capitol must have been modified with some sort of medicine, as the moment Callisto wrapped them on, the pain subsided. She told me to rest and take it easy, and I'm happy to oblige. After the bloodbath, I'm extremely exhausted. I find myself wishing that I'm back in the Capitol, or even back at home. At least there, the beds are nice and comfy.

Oh, gosh, this Game is changing me into a whiny, shallow person I swore I would never become.

I stare at the sky blankly; the rest of the Careers and I are waiting for the anthem to play, and for the dead tribute's faces to show in the deep, twinkling sky. India groans beside me, looking restless, "Ugh, I need to pee!" she whines. Callisto glares at her, "Then pee." Callisto snaps, disgusted.

"If I pee, then I might miss the dead tributes." India points out as she wriggles uncomfortably. I giggle, as they bicker. Just as India stands up to actually pee, the anthem plays, and she's forced to sit back down.

I smirk; so far, the Games seem like a camping trip, really. Hanging out, talking... killing. I'm not necessarily into the last part, but if we have to kill to survive, then so be it. The stoic faces of the dead appear in the night sky, contrasting against the dark night. The first to appear is Cal Kirin, the friendzoned guy from Five. I've seen Florina, and I can see why Cal likes her. She's really pretty, not traditionally pretty, but pretty none the less. Of course, I'm much prettier, but I guess you'll have to settle for less when you're in a lower district.

The next is Logan Mellark. I don't really know much about him, I don't even know what district he's from, so I guess I don't really care about his death. Or whoever killed him.

Then, there's Cotton Lewis. He's from Eight, I believe. He seemed really confident, so sure that he can win. Heck, he even wanted to be part of the Career pack! Well, while sometimes confidence is key, it just didn't work for him. And his confidence is what got him killed.

The next is Esperanza Sanchez. I don't know where she's from, all I know is that she looked like someone who can handle herself very well. A threat, I guess. Which is surprising as she's from an outlying district. But, obviously she wasn't really a threat; she wouldn't be a bloodbath tribute if she was.

The last one is Willow Anesha. Again, I forgot what district she's from, but I expected her to die soon; if not in the bloodbath, then a day or two later. She seemed really weak, and frail, and her interview was just horrendous. As I recall, she wouldn't even come out from backstage, and she ended up with a broken nose. Well, now she's dead and gone.

I feel a slight pang in my heart, beacuse, even if I'm a Career, I do feel somewhat bad about these people. Somewhere, back in their districts, are their parents mourning? Crying? I know that their bodies are going to be sent back to their families. That's like a slap in the face; Hey, we forced other kids to kill you child, and now here's the body, mangled and lifeless and cold, for you to bury.

I know that feeling. When Crimson's bady was sent back to us, I cried for days. I refused to look at him, not because his body is gross(the body is actually clean, he died because he ate poisonous berries, not of a bloody fight) but because I knew that he's gone. It's terrible to have someone you love be killed in the blink of an eye. Maybe that's how the families are feeling right now. Or, they are probably cursing the people who killed their children.

"I'm surprised the pair from Twelve is still alive." Callisto's sneer snaps me from my trance.

Titan laughs a loud booming laugh, "They'll be dead anyways. I'd kill both of them with one hand tied behind my back." he says smugly. He grabs a water bottle and takes a swig.