Florina Hale's Bloodbath

I stood on the round silver platform as it slowly started to lift. It vibrated under my feet-it vibrated at the beat of my heart, which was beating so fast. I can't say I'm not afraid because that would be lying.

I craned my head up to see the arena and my brown hair flung back in its ponytail, it was so tight it hurt my scalp. I ignore my hair as the arena finally came into view.

I am surprised to say, it looked beautiful.

I shouldn't be saying that, but I was.

We were on small islands with ropes going across to each one. It was so green and weather was surprisingly warm. There was only one thing that scared me most and that was that we were in the clouds-we were in the air!

I took in a deep breath and waited for the 'dong' to go off. While I waited I looked at the other tributes, they looked as scared as I was. I came eye to eye with Cal, he was a sweet guy but I never liked him the way he wanted me too. I looked away as the 'dong' rung into my ear.

The other tributes started to run on to the field, I didn't move. I just wanted to fall back into the room beneath me.

I looked around and saw a tribute, Willow, fall to her knees yelling for them to take her back but everyone knows its never going to happen. Stronger tributes like Callisto herself came to her side and killed her right there. I automatically reacted and ran to the ropes.

I came to the start of the rope leading to the island filled with trees; I looked down along the rope. There were clouds that filled the air around; I looked down which was the biggest mistake ever. It was just darkness, so if I fell down I would be swallowed into nothingness.

I heard Cal call my name but I didn't look back, I gathered my courage and stepped onto the rope. I steadily started to walk across and I looked up to see a male tribute, Cotton. He looked at me with beady eyes before concentrating on the rope, ignoring me. I continued to go across when I felt someone come from behind me and it turns out it was Callisto. She started to rock the rope slightly making me loose my balance.

I heard a loud scream come from up ahead, I looked up as I stabled myself. Cotton had fallen into the darkness, I felt horrible seeing someone so young die- right in from of my eyes.

I finally made it across the rope and ran for the tree-filled-forest. I saw Sparrow, another young girl, fall from the edge of the island along with Logan. I walked through the earthy area; I shouldn't of come to this island. I hate forest areas.

I ran over stumps and rocks that came in my way but by dodging them I finally came to a very small lake. I took a small portion of water into my hands before taking quick sips. I kneeled closer to the water but I then heard a 'crack' come from behind me. I jumped up to come face to face with Cherry.

"Cherry..." I placed my wet hands up for her to stop her attack, "don't!"

"Florina, you are going to die anyways because you're weak," She says through gritted teeth.

She lunged at me but I pushed her back and she fell with a loud thud but before you know it she was back on her feet. She had a sharp stick in her hand, so she cut my arm. I didn't know what to do. As she was about to attack me again somebody from behind came at her and grabbed her by the throat. She started to choke and this male ducked her head into the small lake, drowning her there. The male looked up at me, it was Cal.

"Cal..." I pause, "you killed her."

"What did you expect me to do? Watch her kill you?"

I was speechless.

"Come on we have to go," he yelled before pulling me through the trees-ignoring the pain in my arm.

I stopped after a long run; I found a plant, which looked quite edible. I picked at it and popped it in my mouth, along with Cal beside me. In the distance I saw Ian eating a plant as well but it didn't look like the one I was eating. He continued to chew-not noticing me-before gagging and then falling to the ground choking.

I gasped in shock; this was too much for me.

There were too many deaths for one day.

I hid behind a tree because I couldn't do this. I just sat there for a while but I didn't know where Cal had gone. Had he just left me?

Before I could think of answer for my question, I heard loud noises coming from the trees across. I secretly went across to see Titan holding on to Zeke by his collar and holding him close before punching him across the face.

Zeke's head hit one of the trees before he dropped down and blood started to spread along the ground. He was dead.

I had seen enough deaths for one day, I run back hoping Titan wouldn't see me too. I climbed the furthest tree from the forest and looked up at the sky as it showed the faces of the young people that had died today.

Writers' Games - Free Falling {CLOSED}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara