Florina Hale's Interview

My heart was beating faster than it should; I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face as I heard my name being called. I slowly walked onto stage to see Sequin Sparkle wearing a bright purple dress that reach the ground and had sequins covering a few areas. She was shining just like her name; her voice filled the room again.

"Ladies and gents, I welcome the one and only Florina Hale!" she beams as the crowd erupts with cheers.

"Hello everyone!" I say out formally, trying my best to smile.

"Take a seat Florina and lets get to know you"

Sequin Sparkle takes a seat in a big blue chair as I sat in a slightly smaller orange chair.

Sequin immediately payed attention to my dress and admired the feathers that were covering the skirt as the bodice was covered in a lace pattern. She then started to ask the questions, which the audience was dying to know.

"Florina, how are you liking the Capitol?" she asks with a grin.

"It's better than I imagined it to be" I smiled.

"Of course the Capitol is the most beautiful place, isn't that right?" she beamed to the audience and everyone yelled out a gleeful yes making me smile.

"Do you miss anything back home?"

"Of course I miss a lot a things actually; from family to friends"

"Was there anyone special?" Sequin says as a smirk playing on her lips.

"Yes and no; well he didn't really like me"

"I see but you have your district partner" she say with a playful smile and wiggling eyebrow making me slightly blush.

"He is a very good friend," I say as little ah's and oh's filled the room because I had just friend-zoned him.

"Ouch Cal" she laughs before changing the topic.

"Is there any districts that stands out this year; are they a threat to you?" she asks suspiciously.

"Well I don't really know the other district very well but district 11 are looking very strong"

"Is there any district you think are weak and you think that you are stronger than them?"

"Well district 9 seems the same as me"

"So you are weak?"

"I'm just going to try my hardest for my family"

"Is it going to be enough to win; do you deserve to win?"

"I hope so, I'm going to try"

"What type of arena are you looking forward to - do you have any specific strategies?" she bombarded me with questions.

"Anywhere but the jungle" I laugh making a few other laughs come my way.

"Why is this?"

"I really don't like earthy places and it's harder to run around," I explain and she nods her head.

"Everybody has been wondering do you have any alliances?" she whispers the last bit to add suspense.

"Not that I know of" I smile.

"Well Florina we are all excited to see you in the games - may the odds be ever in your favour" Sequin says as she stands indicating it was my time to leave.

"Goodnight everyone!" I say as I spin my dress around one last time making the people cheer louder.

I step of the stage to see Cal waiting with worry plastered across his face; I send him a soft smiling before walking away - relief washing over me.