Elaine Crudvent's Bloodbath

Beep, beep, beep, beep! I awoke to a loud beeping sound, the sound of the alarm clock I had set. I should probably wake up Cherry, I thought as I pulled myself out from underneath the soft, warm blankets on my bed. I smiled as I walked over to where the bathroom was. I opened the door and walked inside.

I quickly removed my clothing, and stepped into the shower. There were so many different buttons, I hadn't had a chance to try any of the soaps yet. I turned up the shower so the hot water hot my back hard, which felt nice on my sore muscles after training. I turned toward the wall, which was covered in buttons. I found a section for body soaps, and I decided on lavender.

I used strawberry-pineapple shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair, and after a long hour which felt like ten minutes, I finished rinsing my hair and stepped out of the shower. I didn't usually take long baths at home, but it was my last day in the capital, so what the hell! It didn't really matter.

I tied a towel around my waist, and began combing through my hair with my hand. I grabbed the hairbrush off the small shelf above the sink, and brushed my hair for a solid ten minutes. I pulled my hair into a quick ponytail before changing into the arena clothes I had been given; tight black pants and a black and red shirt with a large, white 12 stitched across the back and a smaller white 12 in the top right corner on the front.

I left my room, and walked down the hall towards the elevator. The tribute's final breakfast would be on floor 1, but I had to stop to get Cherry or she would sleep right through the games. As much as I'd rather she slept through the games, the capital wouldn't allow it and she would just lose a good meal.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the 3, to go to the district three floor. The elevator doors swung shut as it launched itself downwards, and I thought I might be sick. The elevator jerked to a sudden stop, and dinged again before opening.

I stepped into the hall, and quickly opened the door to the room labeled 'Cherry Bruton, District 3'. Like I had thought, Cherry was still asleep, snoring softly. Her hair was sprawled across the soft pillow, and the silver and blue blanket was pulled up to her shoulders. I shook her shoulder slightly. "Cherry, wake up." I whispered.

Cherry's eyes opened, and she yawned as she sat up. "Hi."

"Hi Cherry!" I giggled, but she immediately shooed me out of her room as she took a shower and changed into her arena clothes. I waited patiently outside her room, leaning against the wall. Within a few minutes, the door swung open and Cherry walked into the hall. I pressed the down button on the elevator, and Cherry followed me. I pressed the L for lobby.

"So, today's the day." I smirked as the elevator does swung closed and the elevator began to descend. "Yep." Cherry nodded shyly. The elevator opened, and Cherry and I stepped out. In the lobby dining hall, a huge table was set up. The table held trays of food; waffles, eggs, pancakes, bacon, and any breakfast food you could imagine!

Cherry was staring at the ground, I could tell she had gone into one of her trances. She could still do stuff, she just wouldn't remember, and she wouldn't interact with anyone. I grabbed a plate, and began piling food onto it.

After eating four pancakes, three eggs, six pieces of bacon, and two waffles, I was finally full. I stood up, wiping my face on a napkin. Cherry had already left, and it quickly headed for the hovercraft which would take us to the arena.

---A little while later---

The glass tube slid around me and my metal plate, and is prepared to enter the arena. What would it be; water, mountains, forest? The metal plate beneath my feet began to rise, and I strained my neck to catch a glimpse of the arena. I gasped in shock.