Callisto Reed's POV

I was still asleep when I grew my wings.

To say the least, it was quite terrifying to wake up and discover yourself floating 5 metres in the air. I mumbled in my sleep, my eyes blinking rapidly as I attempted to wake myself up. I felt pain in my back, and I groaned as the tugging sensation grew. I yawned, stretching out my limbs as my mouth opened wide. I relaxed my muscles and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

Then I looked at the ground.

To say I was startled was probably the biggest understatement of the year.

I screamed out in fear as I realized I was floating in midair, twisting and writhing in fright. The pain in my back was my wings, which were large and feathered like an angels. My sudden fright must have startled my wings, as where I was floating a few seconds ago, I was now suddenly falling towards the ground. I landed with a thump as my face hit the dirt, and my wings flopped to the ground next to me. I groaned and pushed myself up to a sitting position. My wings flapped gently, and I ran my fingers through the feathers. They were oh so soft, like velvet running over my fingertips. They were a pure white, like porcelain. I stood up slowly, being careful not to disturb my wings again and be sent 50 metres into the air. It seemed my screams awoke my allies, as I heard grumbling, muttering, and a rather angry yell of "Shut it before I bust your face in!"

Thanks, India.

I looked back at my wings, fascinated. They flapped gently in response. With my beautiful blonde hair, my stunning eyes and now my pure white wings, I looked like an angel. You know, minus all the blood and dirt.

I looked around, and saw most of my allies were still on the ground, despite growing wings. A couple of my allies, Titan and India mainly, had hovered above the ground as I had when their wings grew. Titan was only about a metre from the ground, and as he woke he shouted out in surprise before faceplanting to the ground. I smirked at his misfortune, despite the fact it had just happened to me as well. India was up much higher, probably a bit higher up then I was. Despite her shouting at me to be quiet, she obviously hadn't opened her eyes yet and realized she was floating. I felt an evil grin spread across my face, and I walked over to her, standing slightly to the right. I looked up at her.

"Yo, India!" I shouted obnoxiously. I heard India swear and then she turned to me and shot me a glare, about to make a sarcastic remark.

It was about that moment when India realized I was currently 6 metres below her.

And so was the ground.

"Callisto, shut the f- OH MY GOD!" India's remark turned into a scream of terror. Her limbs flailed like an octopus as she screamed in fright, her eyes wide and surprised. She suffered the same fate as Titan and I and plummeted to the ground, flapping her arms madly as she did so. She hit the ground with a shout of pain, landing a rather nasty looking belly flop. I doubled over in fits of laughter, clutching my stomach as I giggled. The other careers joined in, laughing at India's rather ungraceful laughing. She leapt to her feet and shook out her hair, a scowl on her face. A scowl that obviously meant 'The next person to laugh is going to become target practise.'

All of us immedietely shut up. I smirked. India scared the other careers easily. If India so much as blinked at you, you pretty much peed your pants in fright. India had shouted at Red the other day, and I swear to god that Red had looked completely and utterly terrified. India scared all of us, even me, somewhat. But I could easily overpower her. I wasn't very concerned about her.

"Well, lets go." India said roughly. "We need to go hunting. Haven't got all day."

She grabbed her weapons and began to walk towards the edge of the island. The rest of us followed close behind. I reached one of the bridges and snarled angrily. Someone had gone around and cut all the rope bridges, preventing us from getting across.

"Now what?" I snarled angrily. I kicked a small pebble in frustrtion, and watched it fall down into the abyss below.

"Maybe we can fly over?" Red piped up.

"Yeah!" Ian said enthusiastically. "I think if we jump off here, our wings will start to work."

"What happens if they don't?" I smirked. "Your dead."

"It will work." Ian said confidently. He sounded a little too sure of himself. Before any of us could stop him, Ian ran forward and leapt off the edge. For about 5 seconds, Ian thought it was funny. Then suddenly, his screams changed into screams of fear, and Ian plummeted down, down, down.

BOOM!

All of us stared down into the abyss, too surprised to do anything. I snorted and shook my head.

"Idiot."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I brought my warhammer down, smashing it into Bryan's skull. Blood and brains splattered all over the place, splashing onto my clothes and my face, and I laughed cruelly.

BOOM!

Titan and Red were battling Chase, and I could already see that Chase was toast. He was a career wannabe, and it was good to see his head rolling across the grass as Titan beheaded him.

BOOM!

India was sitting on top of Devlin, holding a large rock and smashing it repeatedly into his skull. Blood stained the green grass crimson.

BOOM!

"That was fun." India grinned. She was covered head to toe in blood, it drenched her long brown hair and dyed it an eery shade of red.

Suddenly, the anthem began to blare. Just as the faces began to show in the sky, my wings began to shrink and dissappear. I looked around and saw that everyone else was losing their wings as well.

First in the sky was Bryan. His blood was still caked all over my warhammer. The next face was Zeke Drastaa. Not a massive shock. Next was Ian. His death was like something out of a cartoon. He was annoying anyway, I was thankful he was gone. The next face was Chase, who Red and Titan had just dismembered. Red smirked as his picture appeared. Next was Aubrey. I smiled cruelly. We had encountered her just before we found Bryan's alliance. She was fun to torture. Her limbs were probably still scattered around the island. The next face was Chrystal. Thank. God. She was so annoying, stupid little brat. She thought she could take all us careers on. I almost laughed aloud when I saw her picture. Next was Isaac. Meh. Not surprised. The final face was Devlin from District 12. Good. His sob story with his disfigured face could only get him so far. Noelle would be so sad she wouldn't have anyone to obsessively creep on. She was so weird. Thankfully, we hadn't encountered her today.

The capitol seal appeared, shining brightly in the dark sky, and then eth projection dissappeared, plunging the arena into darkness.