India Fox's POV (Air)

I woke up to a familiar discomfort; surrounding my drowsy body were my beautiful wings, now with an added addition. I admired the new metal-like feathers strewn around me, their sharp light blinking the sunlight back at me. Gently, I tap the edge of one against the pad of my finger, instantly drawing blood. A wicked grin spreads across my face, splitting my chapped lips until scarlet dribbles down my chin, yet i ignore the pain, because this new game change has me at an advantage. The Gamemakers listened to me when I wished for the wings, so that means they must be rooting for me; I must thank them.

The strong morning sunrise had already begun to fade as I stand, turning my head to and fro, attempting to look upon the whole of my wings, yet I could not stretch quite far enough to see them all. All I could tell was how long they extended (much further than the first pair, almost six feet longer), the color, an ashy steel, and how sharp the feathers were. Unfortunately, I have a nasty wound on my leg from recklessly rolling onto one to prove their danger. Carefully, I maneuver out of the pile of feathers I seemingly molted during the night to stand barefoot at the edge of the cliff, staring off over the abyss to the other islands. Somewhere out there rests Cherry, the seemingly freaking immortal tribute I've targeted since the beginning who somehow has survived this far even with practically everyone after her. Frustrated, I growl in the deep of my throat to her, brow furrowed. "I will get you, my little Cherry Pie." I laugh to myself, turning back to pick up what little supplies I had left, as well as a bit of monkey meat I have left from Elaine. Tossing my pack over my shoulder, I begin a torturous hike across the islands. My plan is that maybe if I can make it to the center Cornucopia, and camp there, eventually the tributes have to pass me by eventually, right? Then I can really thank the Capitol with a good show.

A rumbling from behind startles me out of the deep thoughts of torture and gore. Annoyed, I whip my head around to search for the ominous noise. The island littered with my new metal feathers shakes dangerously behind me, rocking the bridge I stand on. I shriek, clutching the edge as my life flashes before my eyes. The never-ending abyss teeters right under my nose, taunting me with death as my fingers slip from under me. Then, stupidly, I finally remember my wings. Easily enough, I lift my body into the air, and far above the islands. Only then do I turn around and catch sight of my old island plunging out of view, falling straight out of the sky; Soon the one I'm floating gently above begins to do the same. Reluctantly, I follow the pattern, grinning in glee as I spot Devlin and Cherry fleeing the falling path of islands as well, yet they were struggling along land, barely making it. I tauntingly fly lower to a few feet above them, flying at a lazy pace just ahead of them. "AHHH!" Cherry screams, jerking to a stop. Devlin, sweat dripping down his face, rips at her arm.

"C'mon! We can't stop here!" He growls, tugging her along. She reluctantly jogs forward again, as I practically lead them after me. Turns out the path of falling islands leads us to the Cornucopia as I had originally planned, leaving us, well, them, trapped upon the large circular island. Noelle eventually stumbles along, covered in white and brown fur and absolutely glowing with anger. I cheerfully wave from my decent height, admiring from my view how I seem to be the only one with any sort of weapon.

"Do you too have this?" Noelle stutters, waving her hands around wildly, sweat dripping down her face.

"The crazy? Well, not as bad as you," I giggle, flicking a feather as her. It slices her arm, and she hisses as bright red blood spurts out of the wound. Just before any of us can reply or move, the sky flickers and Sequin herself pops up above us.

"Hello finalists, and congratulations on making it this far!" She grins cheerfully, her lips coated in a sheer layer of green sparkles. I roll my eyes in annoyance, doing a lazy flip in the air, nearly dropping my bag on Devlin's head. "We have one last task left for you, and it's quite interesting." I yawn, missing a good chunk of her next statement. Like I care. "...and we in the Capitol have voted on who gets each element. You'll find out what element you each have on your own, no help from us. Good luck!" And with that, her face fades back into the blue, leaving me stumped. Elements?