Cherry Bruton's POV

laid on the ground, tear soaking my face and blood seeping through my clothes. I coughed weakly, and blood bubbled from my mouth. Searing pain flashed through my side where Callisto had stabbed me earlier. Elaine let out a sad whimper, but I let my lips curve into a slight smile. "It'll be alright." I managed to shakily whisper, before my eyelids fluttered shut and stopped moving.

***
Let's back up a little bit...
--
The faces of the dead played in the sky. I wasn't all that sure who was dead, and I wasn't paying attention. How had I survived, when so many had died. I was actually proud of myself, I hadn't had a memory blank in a while. I hoped I wouldn't have one soon. Guilt clouded my thoughts, and it took all my strength not to ball up and cry. I doubt that crying would help, it would just make me seem weak, not that I wasn't.
Would I be the next to be killed? To be taken, dead, in a hovercraft? Shipped home in a stone coffin? The idea frightened me. I took a quick glance at the faces in the sky before the faded into nothingness. With a sigh, I let my eyes shut and sleep take me. My dreams were filled with nightmares, one after the other, no escape. I hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in the past few days, not since the capital.
I woke to a shake on the shoulder. I groaned and opened my eyes slowly to see Elaine. "Wake up, you old granbutt, before I annoy you to death with my awful singing." She giggled. I rolled onto my stomach.
"Go away." I mumbled into the ground.
"You leave me no choice. Don't blame it on the sunshine-" she sang in a disturbing, high voice. "Don't blame it on the moonlight, don't blame it on the good times-"
"Will you just shut up!" I squeaked. Elaine ignored me.
"BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE!" Groaning, I stumbled onto my feet, whining at Elaine's singing. "Delvin, join me in singing." Elaine laughed. This must've been a nightmare. I grabbed the branched of a tree and hauled myself up. I felt a strange ripple spread up my body. The branch I sat on cracked and I fell straight towards the ground. Ow. I looked at my reflection in a puddle. The capital had turned me into into a hippo.
"Hippo, hippo." I smirked sexily, checking myself out in the puddle. But it came out as a mutant roar. Suddenly, a tiger bursted through the bushes. I squeaked and jumped up, grabbing a branch like some Dr. Suess book or something. Suddenly, two cannons sounded. A bunny lunged at the tiger, an evil glint in its eyes. It clamped its jaws down on the tiger. BOOM! Within an instant, the tiger was dead.

--3 hours later--
I gasped as I was returned to my human form. Devlin walked towards me from behind a tree, and Elaine soon emerged from the woods. I smiled. They were both alive. Suddenly, I could hear the capital anthem as the dead flashed through the sky. The first face was Callisto, the girl from district two who scared the panties off of me. It was a miracle she was dead. The next face to appear was India Fox, the girl who had apparently gone psycho in the arena. I was, honestly, a bit glad that she was gone; she was no longer a massive threat to me. The final face in the sky was Red Velvet, the last career. With all the careers dead, that left my alliance and Noelle. I had made it to the final four.

___________________________________________________________________

@2cutecavvy if I made a mistake that you're really unhappy with when I wrote the ending from where you left off, then please let me know and I will change it immediately. I'm sorry to have done this without your permission, but I'm running out of time on electronics... And if you're not happy with the kills - I'm going purely from what I felt you would have written - then let me know. I will count the kills I made BUT if they turn out to be against your wishes, I will change them. For that reason, I will not post the results, deaths, bonus points etc until I hear a reply from you :)