Cloud Maize's POV

Awaking on the island - my island - I look around to see nothingness where the blood surrounded me yesterday. It's surreal to think that eleven of us are dead already. Only thirteen are left. Yeah, I've made it halfway and I've killed a bunch of the tributes already.

Rubbing my back, I trace the scars where random wings had formed; the pain is unforgettable. It was like someone had driven two blades into my back and left me to die. There was no blood, surprisingly, when the feathery hell wings formed.

Standing up, I notice that on the island opposite me, some tribute tosses their backpack off of the island. What are they doing? Useless supplies? Actually, that's a very good idea. Rummaging in my bag, I pull out a role of tape and launch it as far as possible. Who needs tape in the arena?

"Cloud," some kid yells, running up to me. "You missed the announcement. You slept through it," he pants. Jackson, I think his name is. "Throw away all of your supplies, they're killing those who don't."

With that, Jackson shoves his entire backpack off of the island. What on earth is happening? "Thanks," I say, smiling at him. A sweet smile coating an arsenic tongue. Slyly, I creep up to him and pat him in the back...

... Before I push him.

Jackson screams, trying to cling to something as he falls off of my island. Why are they forcing us to ditch our supplies? Sure, there's enough food on this island for us to survive, but it sucks at we had to work for those bags in the bloodbath, only to throw them away again. His cannon sounds as I think of these questions.

Either way, I rummage through my bag and pull out supplies. Taking a bite of meat, I chew the cooked stuff and wash it down with some rancid lukewarm water. Just as I'm about to launch the backpack away, I hear the chime of a sponsor package.

I reach to grab it, but I also see two tributes charging towards me. Cherry and Elaine, I recognise them as. The ginger one grips a bow; I notice knives lined up in her belt as she runs towards me. The other one - somewhat blonde - throws her spear at me and immediately pulls out her dagger.

The spear rips my shirts, forcing me to the floor in the process. As I collide with the floor pretty heavily, I notice a smile forming on the sadistic girl's face. This blonde one and I could've had a great alliance, for I can see the enjoyment on her face as she attempt to slit my throat. "Actually, Cherry, you can kill this one."

Cherry giggles manically before loading her bow. Closing my eyes, I swallow and internally thank those who've helped me. This is the end. This is going to be my last breath. Wow, I'm gonna die and it's to some kid from Three.

Suddenly, Elaine's grip on me loosens; Cherry screams. "Oh god, I'm so sorry!" Cherry screams, wailing as Elaine's cannon sounds. Pulling the corpse off of my body, I quickly glance at the arrow in the back of her neck. "Don't kill me Cloud!"

All I can do is laugh as she backs away. I've had training with a spear, so I grip the one next to me and launch it. Her scream is cut off as the long weapon tears through her throat. Three tributes dead and almost a fourth. I almost died!

Picking up the sponsor package that lies next to me, all I see is a note. "Cloud you're allowed to keep one backpack. Don't throw away anything else. In fact, stuff it with extra things of other dead tributes. Remember to throw away their bags and weapons through. Good luck."

The note remains unsigned, but I cherish it anyway. Shoving that into my near-empty rucksack, I then tip Elaine's bag upside down. Her bag contains food that'll last her for days, so I take the ones that taste the nicest and help myself to her water bottle. Nothing else fascinates me, so I throw her bag over the edge.

Cherry' bag is next. Scurrying over to it, I open her backpack and pull out an extra bandage and a pair of gloves. Then, I throw everything off of the island, including their decaying bodies. Now I need to get to a bridge.

The island rumbles beneath my feet as I sprint towards a bridge. I noticed an island fall earlier and the bridge managed to stay intact, so if I stand on one of them, I'll be okay. Right?

The bridge ahead is sturdy and contains one tribute already. Not for long. My mind races as I produce my clawed hands, ready to slash at whoever this kid is. As I get closer, I notice that it's Sparrow from Eight. She clings to her backpack, shaking as the islands around her collapse.

On one of those collapsing islands, I notice Red Velvet, clinging onto a tree and crying as her island began to descend. It's so strange to think that the bottom isn't visible yet. What sits at the bottom? A pit full of spikes? Lava?

Her cannon sounds; I reach a quivering Sparrow on the bridge. Her body isn't hard to take down. As she screams, I slit her throat and watch her fall to my feet. Those pink tips suddenly gain a red dye; her blood stains everything. Taking her rucksack, I steal a pack of dried fruit and toss everything else over the side. Her cannon sounds as I let go of her bag.

My island then drops; just as it begins to descend, I was Florina jump and cling to my bridge by her fingertips. Not having it. Squashing her fingers underneath my boot, she squirms and finally let's go of the bridge, falling with her backpack on her back.

Stranded, alone on this bridge, I decide that there's nothing I can do now. My home is now a floating bridge.