Cherry Bruton's POV

Waking up to a centipede on your face isn't the most pleasant, although I've had that happen to me a couple times. But what's even worse is to wake up eight feet above the ground as you plunge downwards. The first thing I did when I opened my eye was scream. I wasn't aware of where I was or my surroundings, all I knew was that I was falling. I think the dropping in my stomach made that clear enough.

The next thing I know I had landed on top of Elaine with an 'oomf'. Elaine yelled in surprise as she was broken from her sleep. "How many times have I had to tell you, keep your sweaty paws off me or I swear I'll rip your eyes out of your face and shove them down your throat before I break your fingers one by one and snap your bloody neck!" She shrieked, before seeing the person using her as a landing platform was me. "Oh... Hi, Cherry."

Delvin, who had only joined our alliance yesterday, lofted his head in annoyance. "Elaine, as much as I love you as an ally, can you ever, PLEASE, for the love of god, shut the fu-" before he had a chance to finish, Elaine shot him a stone cold death glare. He shut up after that.

I rolled off of Elaine, who was cursing madly under her breath. Silly Elaine! Standing up I brushed some dirt and a dead centipede off my clothes. "EW! Eweweweweweweweweweweweewe!" I screeched, jumping back as my pinky finger touched the poisonous buggy of scariness and ickyness. Oh no, if it's friends thought I had killed it would for sure be a goner. I ran behind Elaine. "Save me from the hoard of evil buggies!" I hollered, half serious.

Sparrow groaned as she rolled onto her side. "Do you ever shut up?" She sighed, sitting up. I shook my head.

"Nope." I giggled, forgetting about the icky bug and army of centipedes that would kill me to avenge him. I looked at Florina, who was still asleep, leaning against a tree. She was still sleeping! But she was leaning against the bugs' trees, maybe they got her and she was dead! "FLORINA!" I yelled, waking her from her sleep.

Florina growled, standing up and brushing off her clothes. I felt a tickle run up my ankle, and my hand immediately swatted at it. I felt something, and then the tickling started running up my arm. I craned my neck to see, it was a spider!

I screamed louder than I had ever screamed before, shrieking. I flung it off my arm and immediately began smashing it with my boots. Yucky, now my pretty new boots had idea gut stains. Stupid spider, I'll get my revenge. Curse these spiders and all their race... When I set their little spider egg sacs on fire! Oh, and centipedes. Wait, do they have eggs? I was never I formed on that.

Suddenly, a voice boomed through the arena. "HEY!" I yelled, sticking my fingers in my ears and clutching my head. It was LOUD. Gosh, why did they have to be so looouuuuudddddd? It was hurting my ears and I didn't like it one bit! "SHHHHHHH! You don't need to be that loud!" I yelled to air. "Just be a little quieter, please."

"Hello tributes, and congratulations to those who have lasted this far. And so many of you got supplies from the cornucopia, well done." I looked over beside me and noticed Elaine was pointed her middle finger at the sky, silly Elaine. I put my hand on her finger, slowly lowering her finger back into her fist. Silly, she must have forgotten what the means!

Drone, Draco... Druid... Whatever his name was, continued. Tuid? "This year's batch of tributes is OBVIOUSLY worthy to compete in this arena, but if you have supplies you might want to dispose-" then I got it. "TALON!" I shouted. Florina looked at me, probably jealous I was so smart. I had finally remembered... Whatever his name was... I had remembered his name for a brief period.

"Of them soon. Islands with supplies will fall. You have five minutes to dispose of your supplies, or anyone with supplies will die. Every tribute with a sponsor may take one bag. Don't get greedy, only one bag. Have fun, and may the odds be EVER in your favor." He chuckles, sending a chill down my spine before the voice is gone, and so will I be if I don't get rid of my supplies. Elaine growls. "F*ck you, Talon!" She screams.

I looked at her worriedly. That girl had some SERIOUS issues. Maybe she needed a therapist! She also needed to go to the dentist. Have you seen her teeth? YUCKKKK! I was glad I was not her. Then a thought crossed my mind and I looked at the T-shirt and pants I was wearing. I had gotten them from the bloodbath. "I need to change!" I shouted, running behind a tree. "No peeking!"

I'd say it took me a good three minutes to change, by the time I had convinced Elaine to throw me my original arena clothes. Plus, a piece of hair got on my sock so I had to wash it in a river. I walked over to my alliance, who had our supplies in a pile. Elaine handed me a pink knife, and it squealed with delight, after all, it was PINK.

"We can keep our weapons." She explained, grabbing a pack. She stuffed it with our sleeping bags, while Delvin stuffed another one with actual supplies. Elaine handed the bag for Sparrow to carry, since she was the one with a sponsor. Well, her and Delvin.

Suddenly, I felt something crawling up my leg. I looked down to see a big, red, fat, juicy, squishy, bug. Centipede. "EWEWEWEWEWEEWEWEWEEW!" I shrieked, jumping up and down. "Get it away, get it away!" It crawled up my leg onto my hand, which attempted to slap at it. Pour of the nasties began to pour from a hole in the ground, coving my body head to toe. I shrieked. The buggies would have their revenge...

"Cherry, come on!" Shouted Elaine, following my other allies as they abandon our island in favor of a mucky little rope bridge. I noticed a bread crumb on the ground in our island. Bye bye. I was going to die. Just as Elaine stepped onto the rope bride, the tiny bread crumb caused the island to collapse into nothingness beneath my feet. "CHERRY!" Shrieked Sparrow, ripping a rope from her bag.

I looked down, and noticed hoards of centipedes falling off my body and into the dark. I didn't get bit or stung or anything, and there was only one more on my arm which I swatted away. I almost forgot I was falling into my death, before a rope flew past me. It ended a couple feet below me, and I clutched onto it. I yelped as it scraped my hand, and I slid down, but I was stopped from falling by a knot at the end.

Slowly, the rope began to move, hauling me up. I just sat there, enjoying the ride. It would be much more fun if it was faster though. I noticed an island drop through the air, two screaming boys aboard it. "Hiiiiii JACKSON!" I shouted, waving at my district partner as he plunged to his doom, along with Chase Williams. Ouch. BOOM! BOOM!

After a few more minutes, my allies managed to pull me onto the island, I turned around to see the careers sprinting across the rope bridge, toward us. "LOOK!" I yelled, pointing. Red began to cartwheel towards us at mega lightning speed. I stepped away, just in time for her to cartwheel over the edge of the island. She stretched out mer arms and legs. "SKYDIVING!" I squealed, clapping my hands together. I wanted to do that.

I ran over the edge of the island, jumping to follow Red but unfortunately, Elaine grabbed my ankle, pulling me up. She NEVER let me do anything, she was like my mom. I looked up, and realized Elaine wasn't grabbing my ankle, Titan was! He smirked, about the let go of my foot before I tugged, yanking him off the island. As I fell, I grabbed a tree root sticking out of he bottom of the island as Titan plunged down.

BOOM, BOOM! Both Titan and Red's cannons sounded, making my ears hurt as I slowly pulled myself back onto the island. Callisto snickered, elbowing India in the side. India snarled at her, slapping her across the face. "Don't touch me!" She shouted. Callisto punched her in the throat, knocking her over the island.

"Buh bye." I giggled, watching India disappear into the darkness. BOOM! I charged forewords, crashing into Callisto. She toppled forewords, but not before grabbing my ankle and yanking me down with her. I grabbed my tree root again and began kicking Callisto in the face until she finally lost her grip, falling. BOOM!

With the help of my allies I managed to get back onto the island. I needed a nap.