Willow Anesha's Bloodbath

Red.

Blood.

Blood.

Blood.

I started to freak out.

Blood.

Blood.

Blood.

I'm afraid of blood.

Or am I?

A napkin wiped the blood off my arm. I jerked my head up to the lady. She gave me a pity smile and I simply nodded.

I poked and prodded the small, square shaped bump on my arm. A red light suddenly went on through my skin and a siren blared from it. Everyone stared at me. I gave a weak smile as the lady rushed over once again and pressed my tracker and it went silent.

"Klutz." Logan Mellark muttered.

"It's on." I muttered back.

---

I felt the plate slowly rise, my whole body vibrating. I craned my neck upwards, looking, or trying to look, at what was up above me. I rose and once my eyes had adjusted to the light, I looked around.

Floating islands were connected by fraying rope bridges. I saw Logan lose balance and fall backwards. A cannon followed. I gave a small laugh as I looked around. I decided to try to stay in the cornucopia, easy enough. A countdown followed, and I held my breath, just waiting for what horrors awaited me. No sponsors, no nothing. This was getting worse and worse. I was going to die, like every other District 9 tribute, and that was the end of it. I slowly counted down in my head

10.

9.

8.

7.

6.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

0.

I leapt and ran to the Cornucopia. My district partner, Cloud, fell through his bridge. Everyone seemed to be taking their time, while I was already at the Cornucopia. India Fox soon followed and grabbed a knife but turned around, throwing it quickly into Florinda Hale's skull. A cannon boomed reminding me to move on. Red Velvet pushed Cal Kirin off, but she accidentally fell with him. Oops.

Chrystal Davis walked up to me and tackled me. I struggled to get free, but she was heavy. I saw a knife, but it was out of reach. I quickly grabbed her head and pushed my thumbs into her eyes as hard as I could. I heard a cracking noise and easily pushed her off me. Her eyes bled as I threw the knife. I missed and instead hit Sparrow Falls in the background. I grabbed another and threw it quickly. Everything seemed to move in slow motion once I released the knife. I saw Sparrow slowly crumpling to the ground, Chrystal trying to wipe the blood out of her crushed eyes. My little brother suddenly replaced Chrystal. I jumped out to grab the knife, to not kill Rye, but it was too late. The knife struck his head. He suddenly turned back to Chrystal as she crumpled to the ground. My vision blurred with tears as I ran to the Cornucopia. I quickly wiped my eyes. I couldn't cry, not here, not now.

I managed to grab a bow and a sheath of arrows, and I reached out for a box of knives. I grabbed it and quickly drew it back, waiting quietly. The careers sat down and strategized. I listened intently.

"Logan fell, so did Cloud." India said. "Willow Anesha must be dead, so..." She blabbered on, but I tuned her out. I resisted the urge to clear my throat, but I didn't.

Now I needed water. Crap. I hadn't thought this out well. Once they leave... I thought. What if they didn't leave? Pssht, they had to. Answering my prayers, they soon left. I darted out and looked for a lake. I quickly spotted one and grabbed a leftover backpack. I pulled out the canteen and saw the Careers at the lake. I thought carefully. I can go... or I can not go. I decided on I can go. I quickly ran out and filled my canteen. They didn't even notice. I closed my canteen and ran back to the safety of the Cornucopia.

Suddenly, eight cannons boomed, signaling the end of the bloodbath. I sighed. The Careers came tromping back, and I decided to make my first move. I threw a knife and lodged it into the back of a Career's skull. I was never good with names. He gasped and fell backwards, signaling a cannon. All the remaining Careers stared in shock, and I suppressed a laugh. That kill was fun.

---

The anthem blared through my ears. I looked up and saw 7 faces.

Red Velvet, Florinda Hale, Cal Kirin, Chrystal Davis, Logan Mellark, Sparrow Falls, and Cloud Maize.

7 down, 17 to go.