Interview With Talon Sharp

Universal POV

The Capitol audience applauds loudly as Talon Sharp himself walks up onto the stage. Sequin raises from her chair to greet him, and he delicately places his lips on to her hand. She blushes, and glances at the cameras. Probably hoping that no one picks up on their obvious affection for each other. She gestures gracefully to a seat, and Talon slowly lowers himself down. There are new lines of strain on his otherwise perfect face, as he hasn't had time to get them removed. Being Head Gamemaker is a difficult, and very stressful job, although it is an honour.

"Welcome Talon Sharp! It's so great to have you here, and we're looking forward to some statistics and 'inside information' on the tributes." Sequin gushes. Talon offers her and the audience a stunning smile, his pearly white teeth showing.

"Thanks Sequin, it's great to be here. And I'll be happy to share you some statistics, and maybe a few hints for the next twist?" Talon says mysteriously. Sequin emits a rather loud gasp, and her hand covers her mouth. This is more than she expected Talon to reveal, and it will put her in the president's good books, and make her show a success. Not that everyone in the country wasn't already watching, but still. Sequin claps her hands in excitement, giving the audience enough of a distraction so that she can read the first few questions.

"So Talon, which tribute and District do you think have the best chance of winning this year?" Sequin asks, all business now. Talon fingers his sleek beard, his eyes turned skyward, as if the answer will be written in the stars.

"That one is tricky Sequin, because it pays to never underestimate anyone. For the tribute that has the best chance, I can't say because they all have their strengths and weaknesses," Talon smiles at the thought of what a few select tributes would do if they heard him saying they had a weakness. "But for the District with the best chance, I'd have to say District 12 this year, which is a massive surprise considering their tributes usually perish in the Bloodbath." Sequin nods her head in agreement, her sparkly hair flicking around.

"Good answer Talon, good answer. Next question. Did it come as a surprise to you that Devlin, the male from District 12, is the last male? Even all the Career males are gone." Sequin says, her eyes examining Talon's perfectly altered face.

"Yes, it did. I honestly expected one of my sponsored tributes, Titan, to make it to the final 4, at least. But he surprised us all by dying before the District 12 tributes. I expected all of the Career males to make it far, and now I'm regretting wasting money on Titan. Even though he gave us a great show, he died earlier than I would've wanted." Talon says calmly, it seems as if he's practiced this part of his speech.

"Interesting... Talon, who would you say is the most interesting tribute?" Sequin asks curiously.

"Honestly, I'd have to say Noelle. After finding out her backstory, and seeing her kill a few tributes, I think that she's a great entertainment. A true tribute. Everyone loves a good torture scene, and Noelle provides one almost daily. And her methods of torture are quite devious and... Creative. I think it's a good guess that she'll make it far. Then again, I find Devlin very interesting. The massive burn on his face is a great test of character, and he rose to the challenge. He's matured a lot since... What happened... And I think that he'll make it far in the Games. Also, I quite like Cherry. I, honestly, expected her to die in a few seconds, but she's made it to the final 7, and she may continue to surprise us. It was interesting to see how big of an alliance she was in, and I think that they are apart of her success." Talon says, his voice confident and smooth. Sequin bobs her head in agreement, her eyes bright with interest. Talon is probably the best person she's ever interviewed.

"Second last question Talon, or else we'll run out of time," Sequin says, her eyes flitting to the clock near the camera. She's got about five more minutes before their time runs out, and Talon has to go back to the game room and work on the next twist. "Who do you think will win the Games, and why?"

"That is an extremely hard question. Whether they started off weak or not, the arena changed all the tributes, and made them into survivors. Sometimes, it's impossible to tell what each tribute will become. Let me give you some examples. Red, for instance, could die tomorrow, or the day after. She might be dying right now. Callisto could fallen off an island, or accidentally stab herself with a sword. Cherry could get crushed by a tree. India could drown, even if it's ridiculous for a tribute from District 4. Noelle could get hungry and eat herself. Elaine could accidentally be killed by Sapphire, or Sapphire could turn on Devlin. In the arena, nothing is certain. Anything could happen."

"Good answer Talon, that's very true. Now, final question, can you give the audience any hints for the next twist? We're all dying to know what twist you've come up with. For the tributes, it might be literally." Sequin giggles, completely oblivious to the fact that she's making a joke about teenagers dying. The people of the Districts are outraged that she's laughing at kids dying, or killing each other. But they can't really fault her, as she's lived in the Capitol her whole life. She doesn't know any better. It's how she's been raised. Really they're all angry at the president. It's all his fault.

"Well, I won't give too much away, because it's fun to make it a surprise, but I'll give you a few hints. One, some tributes may not like what they're given. Two, if you're living like an animal, you can relate to this. Enjoy, everyone! I hope you like what's coming!" Talon announces, and receives a standing ovation. Everyone knows that he'll have to leave now, and they're all happy for the show he gave them.

"Thanks for coming Talon, and I know we'll see you again when the Games are over." Sequin says happily. Talon nods his head and exits the stage, leaving everyone puzzling over what the next twist could be. It's not very specific. Or descriptive. But they give it their best shot, and know that they'll find out what it is tomorrow.