Red Velvet's POV

When I was a child, I used to wonder what the word crap meant. Crimson would usually use that word, and then our mother would scold him for using such language. I honestly still don't know what it means; all I know is that the word crap is probably the perfect word to describe the situation I am currently in.

Because beside me lies Teresa Higgins.

Crap, indeed.

I'm not even going to bother and explain who Teresa Higgins is because, quite frankly, Teresa Higgins is absolutely indescribable - and not it a good way. Basically, she is a lying, backstabbing b*tch who broke my brother's heart the year before he went into the Games.

Teresa Higgins is like a brunette version of Regina George from a story my mother read to me when I was still a child and she still paid attention to me.

How the hell did Teresa Higgins get here? More importantly, can I kill her?

Woah, hang on a sec. Since when did I become a stereotypical, bloodthirsty Career?

Since I saw the face of Teresa Higgins.

But, didn't I promise myself that I wouldn't become bloodthirsty and psychotic in this Game?

Gah, screw it, it's only for one time. For Teresa Higgins. For the sake of revenge.

My fingers close around my katana, but then I freeze, when I realize I'm surrounded. Right beside Teresa is Elaine Crudvent, peacefully sleeping. India was supposed to be on guard, how did they get in? And how come they're sleeping?

Wait. Where is Callisto then?

Dang it, I have way too many questions racing inside my head - questions I don't have answers for. Out of instinct, however, I clamp my hand around the hilt of a dagger instead if my katana, and pounce on the sleeping Teresa.

Chaos reigned.

Teresa's eyes fly open, widening at the sight of me holding a dagger high above her head. I bring my arm down, but she catches it just in time, otherwise the dagger would have been embedded into her pretty little head, right between her pretty, deceitful eyes. Eyes that she used on my brother.

"What the hell?" Teresa shouts, before she grabs my shoulder and flips, so that she's on top of me. On top of me. Dirty thoughts. Haha. Ahh damn it, Red, focus!

Teresa pins me down, her hazel eyes livid. Since when did Teresa Higgins know hand-to-hand-combat? Last time I checked, she was a good for nothing slut who didn't care for the Games that she dropped out of the Training Academy.

Okay, so maybe I'm stretching the truth just a tad bit, cause she really isn't a slut, but in my defense, she did break my brother's heart.

But the weirdest thing happened. Teresa throws the blade away, and pushes me away from her. "Red, what the hell are you doing?" she shouts. I run back, confused as hell. What is going on??? "Red!" Teresa yells again, but this time an arrow whizzes past me, barely avoiding me.

I look up, and see India's forest green eyes, wild and crazed, as she holds a bow, and another arrow, poised to strike me. Okay, seriously, what!?

Did India just turn on me? If she did, then did Callisto come with her?

As if to answer my questions and intuitions, Callisto barrels forwards, holding a spear in her hand, her blonde hair matted with blood. Whose blood it is, I don't know. But the only thing I know is that my blood isn't going to join that gross, sticky mess that she calls her hair. But, to be frank, I think she looks good with blood in her hair... Okay, that was a case of weirdness I wish to never experience ever again.

Callisto tackles me to the ground, gripping the spear so tight that her knuckles are turning white. "Time to say bye bye, Little Red." she sneers.

I bring my fist up, meeting her nose. Blood gushes forth, but Callisto only grins widely, looking psychotic. She throws away the spear, and unsheathes a dagger. Callisto brings it up, but I grasp her hand tightly, and we wrestle on the ground, battling for the knife.

A canon sounds, making Callisto and I snap towards the sound. Elaine, who didn't realize had woken up, and Teresa are standing above India's bloody, mangled body. Grins are spreading on their pretty faces, as they turn to me.

Alright, another perfect time to use the word crap.

I have three psychotic killers looking at me like they are about to, well, kill me.

So I did what most Careers would do. I fought back.

I start thrashing around, until finally, Callisto is throw to the ground. I frantically unsheathe me katana and in one swift move, Callisto's blonde head is rolling over to where Elaine and Teresa stands. A pang of guilt floods in my chest; Callisto was my ally, after all. But, she tried to kill me and this is basically a game of kill or be killed.

Another canon sounds, and the three of us forget, for a moment, that we're enemies as we look over to the horizon, trying to decipher where the canon came from, and, more importantly, who died.

Panting, I run over to my enemies, hoping to surprise them but Teresa's sword is clashing against mine even before I managed to slice her skin open. She smirks, we spar for a bit, but slowly I notice something different happening.

She starts to look different.

Her brown hair is gradually turning lighter, blonder. Her small hazel eyes are becoming more almond shaped. Her body is getting more volumous, and she's basically turning into... Callisto.

I drop my sword in awe as the person who stands before me literally changes her form. From Teresa Higgins, she becomes Callisto Reed.

"Callisto?" I ask, frowning. Seriously, what is happening? I am so freaking confused!

The girl blinks, "Oh hey Red!" she smiles cheerfully.

I stammer, tripping over my words. I killed Callisto didn't I? So who is the girl standing in front of me? Is this Callisto's ghost?

I turn to look at Callisto's supposedly dead body, but am surprised to see Elaine.

... But Elaine was right here, about to kill me! I turn to look at Elaine, scared that maybe she's also another ghost. But instead, India looks at me, her forest green eyes confused. I can tell she has no idea what just freaking happened.

On the floor is Cherry's mangled body. The sight makes me what to throw up, but I hold my ground.

"What just happened?" the three of us ask all at the same time.