Callisto Reed's POV

I awoke to find Red sending a knife hurtling towards my skull.

My eyes snapped open immediately and I screamed, leaping to the side. The knife clattered harmlessly against the wall of the cornucopia, and I immediately leapt to my feet, sprinting towards Red. Her gaze grew more panicked as I came closer.

Almost as soon as I began to run, I realised something was wrong. My blonde hair, which normally was up in a ponytail, now hung in a messy clump around me face. My long legs were now not so long, and my strides were much shorter.

What the hell is going on?

I dismissed the thought from my mind as I continued to run towards Red, who continued to toss knife after knife at me. I dodged them easily, at least that hadn't changed, and continued to sprint.

I tackled Red around the waist as I ran at her, her screams sounding loud in my ear. I pinned her to the ground and growled, swiping my knife across her cheek.

"Shut up!" I growled. "You're going to die for betraying me, you bitch."

Red's eyes grew wide, but now it wasn't in fear. Now it was in confusion.

"How did I betray you?" She asked, her voice quizzical. Now it was my turn to be confused. She sounded nothing like Red. No. The voice was familiar, but it wasn't Red's.

"How did you betray me?" I snarled. I held my dagger closer to her throat. "Are you kidding me? You tried to piff a knife at my head! Since when is that what allies are for?"

"What the hell! We aren't allies! You butchered Sparrow by ripping out her organs, and you're telling me we are allies?" Red opened her mouth to continue, but then her eyes narrowed. "Wait. Where's your accent? And don't you normally not speak properly?"

"Are you high?" I spat angrily. "What accent? I don't have a fricking accent! And I didn't fricking dissect Sparrow. That was Noelle!"

Red gave me a long look, as if there was something hugely obvious that I wasn't getting.

"Were you dropped on your head?" She snarled. "You are Noelle, you idiot!"

My eyes widened. My knife dropped to the ground. I can't be Noelle. Is Red insane?

I ran my hands through my hair. It was a pale blonde colour, and it was frizzy and unkept. That would explain the short legs too - Noelle had a long torso and short legs. My hands felt around me back, and I almost jumped in fright when I felt scars zig zagged across.

"Holy shit." I whispered.

Red stared up at me, her gaze angry. "You certainly don't seem like Noelle." She snarled. "You sound moe like Callisto."

"You don't seem an awful lot like Red!" I spat. "Who the hell are you?"

Red smirked up at me. "I'm not telling you shit."

I grinned cruelly at her. "Well then. I guess there's one way to find out." With that, I smiled and grabbed my knife, slashing her jaggedly across her throat. Red's eyes enlargened as blood pooled around her at an alarming rate. I leant down to her ear and whispered,

"You're damn lucky I'm not Noelle. If I was this would be 5 times more painful."

BOOM!

Red's appearance slowly began to morph, until finally the disguise was gone and I saw who I'd really killed. Elaine.

I stood up and began to stagger back to the cornucopi. All my allies were gone, although I had no idea who they had been swapped. I sat down at the cornucopia, staring into a small puddle last nights rain had caused. Noelle's gaunt, haunted face stared back at me. Her wise set eyes had replaced my smaller, almond shaped ones, and her petite, upturned nose was in the place of my more average looking one. Suddenly, my features began to morph, and within a matter of seconds I was back to my normal self. I looked up as India and Red came into the cornucopia.

"Who did you get switched with?" India asked me.

"Noelle." I muttered. "I was Noelle."

India laughed darkly. "Well, I know who Noelle was. I turned into Elaine. I went onto one of the islands and saw Cherry gutting Devlin like a fish. She ripped off the burnt part of his face and left that, for some reason. It was weird seeing her so psychopathic."

The anthem began to blare, cutting off India in the middle of her sentence. I turned around and looked up at the sky as the faces of the dead began to show. First was Florina from district 5. I saw India smirk, and knew that she had killed her. Next was Cloud. Then Elaine and Devlin showed up in the sky. District 12 was out of the running.

"Night." Red murmured. I nodded as I curled up on the floor, with no sleeping bag due to getting rid of the supplies the day before. I lay away from the others, not wanting to speak. I knew that the inevitable was coming, and that sooner or later we would have to split up. Although I would rather walk on hot coals than admit it, I had grown sort of fond of my allies. I considered them almost friends.

Almost.