Task 2 - The Bloodbath

You enter the glass tube and watch as it closes, sealing you off from your stylist. The metal plate you are on begins vibrating, and you glance around as you are lifted upwards. Craning your neck, you try to get the first glimpse of the arena that will be your habitat for the next week or so.

Fluffy white clouds drift lazily across the cerulean sky. Your metal plate, or pedestal, is on a tiny island only just large enough to accomodate the pedestal. There are thin rope bridges branching away, and the one directly in front of you leads to the Cornucopia. The other tributes are on identical islands, and that's when you notice something else. The islands are floating in the air, and there is nothing but blue sky and more clouds beneath you. There are dozens of islands in the sky, each connected to another island by a rope bridge. Some of the islands are huge, bigger than the town square in your District. Others are barely large enough to stand on. Most of the islands have at least one tree; others have a whole forest. A few have no trees at all, just grass. The temperature is warm, but not too warm, and not humid at all. The sun shines brightly, but not enough to make you feel the need to shield your eyes. The whole scene would be pleasant and relaxing, if it was not who-knows-how high in the air and the fact that you are taking it all in with the knowledge that soon blood will be spilled on the green grass.

Water sources: in most of the forests on the large islands, there are lakes with crisp, fresh water. Also, there is a stream near the Cornucopia that appears after all the bodies have been collected after the Bloodbath.

Food sources: possums, squirrels, bats, ducks that stay near the lakes and ponds, a few deer that are extremely hard to find, groosling, turkeys and plenty of edible plants. Unless the tribute is EXTREMELY dim-witted, probably no one will die of hunger.

Cornucopia contents: weapons, blankets, dried fruit and beef, crackers, empty water bottles, fresh fruit, flint and steel, bread and hang-gliders. There are also 6 whistles that call one pack of wolves to you. The wolves will obey your every command, but the second you are not touching that whistle, they will turn on you and kill you.

Predators: a few packs of wolves and a few bears

Mutts: carnivorous squirrels that are recognisable because of huge, fluoro pink eyes and giant snakes that are bright green and live in the trees. More mutts will come in to the Games along the way.

7 tributes are to die in the Bloodbath. No more, no less. It doesn't matter how, or who kills them, but 7 must die. They could fall off the island, get killed by you, you could see someone else kill them, they could even fall and snap their neck. I really don't care, as long as 7 die in your writing XD. The 7 tributes with the most death tolls will be going on to the Chopping Block, and you can vote for the two you want to save. Two only. The top 3 people with the highest scores, well, 5 this round because so many people tied, will be given immunity so there's not much point killing them. Those tributes are Callisto Reed, Titan Emerald, Bryan Warside, Noelle Jenkins and Devlin Summers. Some of you might think this advantage unfair, but I will make sure to mix up the scores. If you have a problem with the way I'm doing thinggs, PM me and I will try and fix things up to suit you and everyone else. I'm only one person, and may not be able to please everyone.

Make sure to include an aftermath in your writing; bloodied bodies, faces in the sky, etc. So 5 will be dying this Task.

If you are confused by the arena, or any facts in the description, just comment on this chapter or PM me, and I'll clear it up. I hope everyone has fun writing this Task! Quick thing, you can cut the rope bridges connecting islands to others, but any cut bridge will magically reappear after exactly 12 hours, so you can't isolate yourself on a large island.

Sponsor perks: the only perk that the Sponsors can give now will only work once. If a tribute asks for something, then they get it. Anything they want. Even if one of them said 'I wish my boyfriend / girlfriend was here', that is what they will get. One wish, and the tributes are unaware of that fact. Anything they wish, they get. No one can wish to be Victor, but you can wish for a specific tribute to be killed. Sorry this was added so late, I only just remembered to XD. By the way, if a sponsored tribute wishes another dead, then that tribute they wished dead will count as one of the 7 tributes that you have to kill in your entry. Make sense? If it doesn't, just tell me what's confusing. :P

THE DUE DATE WILL BE ON THE 31ST OF JULY, AT 8:30PM (AUSTRALIA TIME) please do not stuff everything up and not hand in, especially if you don't have a reason. I want these Games to work out, and I can't do that without you guys. The amount of people who didn't turn in was completely ridiculous, especially because I gave you four extra days. I certainly hope this won't happen again...

Okay, I've decided how the scoring will work. Everyone will get their scores added to, based on their writing skills. The people with the top 2-3 scores each task, depending on how many are left, will get immunity from being eliminated. Anyone besides those top 3 can be voted out or eliminated by death tolls, depending on the task. I'll explain each elimination section every chapter, but for this chapter...

CURRENT SCORES:

Red Velvet - 9

Titan Emerald - 10

Callisto Reed - 11

Bryan Warside - 10

Cherry Bruton - 7

Jackson Bennett - 0

India Fox - 8

Isaac Sylver - 0

Florina Hale - 6

Cal Kirin - 7

Chrystal Davis - 0

Chase Williams - 9

Aubrey Harris - 0

Logan Mellark - 0

Sparrow Falls - 5

Cotton Lewis - 6

Willow Anesha - 2

Cloud Maize - 9

Esperanza Sanchez - 0

Zeke Drastaa - 5

Noelle Jenkins - 10

Ian Ryder - 0

Elaine Crudvent - 7

Devlin Summers - 10

RANKINGS:

Callisto Reed (11)

Titan Emerald - Bryan Warside - Noelle Jenkins - Devlin Summers (10)

Red Velvet - Chase Williams - Cloud Maize (9)

India Fox (8)

Cherry Bruton - Cal Kirin - Elaine Crudvent (7)

Florina Hale - Cotton Lewis (6)

Sparrow Falls - Zeke Drastaa (5)

Willow Anesha (2)

Jackson Bennett - Isaac Sylver - Chrystal Davis - Aubrey Harris - Logan Mellark - Esperanza Sanchez - Ian Ryder (0)