Red Velvet's POV

I absentmindedly clutch the spear in my hand, yawning as I take guard. My fellow Careers are asleep, and I'm on guarding duty. Apparently, after my wound healed, I won't be getting any more special treatment. At least, that's what India snapped at me earlier, and I know better than to question India.

Earlier, she got so annoyed at me that she grabbed my hands and almost broke my pinky. Even Callisto knows that it's better not to piss off India.

In my mind, I tick off the dead people. The anthem just played a few minutes ago, and showed the faces of the dead. Bryan from Two and Callisto's district partner, Isaac from Four who's also India's partner - though I don't think either girls care that their partners are dead - Cal from Five, Chrystal from Six, Aubrey and Logan from Seven, Cotton from Eight - I think Sparrow is glad that that dude is gone - Willow from Nine, Esperanza and Zeke from Ten, and Ian from Eleven.

Districts One, Three and Twelve are the only districts with both their tributes alive. Honestly, I'm surprised that the pairs from Three and Twelve are still alive; both districts are usually bloodbath tributes, but they managed to get even farther than three of the Careers, which is a feat on it's own.

Well, in all honesty, Devlin and Elaine seem like really worthy opponents, though I'm sure I can beat them, they'd put up a fight before I end their lives. What really surprised me is Cherry and Jackson; both are so malnourished and they seem so frail, especially Cherry, and yet they seem to be faring well in the Games.

Oh well, they'll be dead anyways. They will all have to die, if I'm to come out of this alive.

Hours later, Callisto wakes me up and she takes over. I shuffle silently to a sleeping bag, being careful not to wake up the others. I squirm inside the sleeping bag, trying to get into a comfortable position, but my wings are making it a challenge. Finally, I manage to get into a comfy position, and I drift off to sleep.

---

The next morning, I wake up before everyone else - which is quite a shock as I'm usually the last one up - and I see feathers everywhere. My sleeping bag is full of them, the red-brown things flying everywhere whenever I move. My wings are gone so I assume that they fell off. Shame, I liked them a lot.

I scoot out of my bag quietly, but the feathers all puff out, some of them landing on India's face. "Ugh, someone is trying to sleep!" she groans, batting away the feathers. Callisto lifts her head, eyes half closed with sleep, and grins at the heaps of feathers around her - golden blonde ones, like her hair.

She takes one and puts her index finger over her lips, a signal to stay quiet. I already know where this is going, but I bite my lip, surpressing my laughter. We'll pay for this, I'm sure, but I'm willing to take a risk - well, actually Callisto is willing to take that risk, but whatever.

She leans over to India, and ever so gently lets the feather caress India, right under her nose. India bats it away, groaning, while Callisto and I are practically dying from holding our laughter in. Callisto leans over again, and repeats the same process, more persistently this time. I start tickling India's sides for effect.

"What the hell!?" India screams, finally waking up. I catch a glimpse of India's butterfly wings, trampled and crushed inside her sleeping bag.

Callisto and I laugh hysterically at India's dishevelled appearance, until India glares at us. When she did, we stop almost immediately.

"Ha ha, you think that was funny?" she snarls, her green eyes flashing dangerously.

"Actually, it is." Callisto answers, smirking cockily. What is she doing? I look at her, eyes wide, trying to get her to stop talking. "Lighten up, Fox." Callisto says, shrugging, the confident smirk never leaving her face.