Cloud Maize's POV

Adjusting the Katars strapped to my hands, I try and plan ahead of time; what do I need to do to ensure I'm safe? Knowing that my island has a fresh spring of some sorts is reassuring - that's a free water supply. What about food?

Just as I'm about to yank a strip of beef out of it's devoured plastic, something against my back doesn't quite feel right. Freaking out, I throw the beef strip back into the backpack as I vigorously kick out at the tree I was slumped against momentarily ago.

"What the hell?" I scream out, feeling my back tear. Agonising is not the right word to describe the pure pain that's taken over my back. Standing up, I feel something brush my shoulder; I scream out and slice at the person behind me.

It turns out that no person - or animal - stands within kilometres of me. Large feathers conceal my bruised, aching back; I've grown wings. Feeling the soft wings, I can't help but feel disappointed that my wings don't match my personality - why couldn't I have dragon wings or something?

Can I fly? Using my wings to flap as hard as I can, I feel this weightless feeling in the pit if my stomach; my feet lightly brush the healthy grass below me. Gasping, I push my wings harder, forcing them to lift my deadweight body into the bleak summer sky.

Now, I fly way above the trees, hovering over my chosen island. It really isn't as big as it seems on foot. Then, I notice that on a nearby island, three tributes sit around a fire. None of them touch each other in a brutal way; they caress each other's back.

Maybe I could get a hold of whatever ointment is being gently smothered onto their scarred backs. Flapping my feathered wings, I elegantly float over to the larger island. A lake, trees and animals loiter around the island. Maybe I can make a new home here.

Hovering over them as I descend from the skies, they seem peaceful. Then, as if the word "evil" is printed across my forehead, they all raise their weapons. Throwing my hands in the air, I yell "I surrender."

Suddenly, an arrow flies towards me. Whatever I did to provoke them baffles me, but I swoop from above, my Katars stretched out at the boy. Logan panics as my blades enter his personal space; I slice at his neck.

As the blood drips, I see that girl from Ten - Esperanza - tries to attack me. Her knife whizzes past me and pierces Logan between the eyes. Logan's cannon sounds; I drag my body off of his corpse and turn to Esperanza.

My blades slice at her, but it's Zeke's axe that ends Esperanza's squirming. Another cannon sounds, leaving myself and Zeke to stand face to face. "I don't wanna kill you," he says, quaking.

Words don't mean a thing to me. Slicing at Zeke's torso, he squeals. My slashes leave deep gashes; blood trickles from his wounds. As he collapses onto the floor, holding his wounded body, I place my claws through the back of Zeke's neck. The cannon sounds.

Flying away from the three corpses, I decide that maybe it's better to fly back to my old island. Blood is spilt on my grass patch, but no living being - from my accurate scope - still remains on my terrain.

Floating at the level of the hovercrafts is a weird feeling; I begin to feel sick. Swooping back down to earth, I decide that I should do some observation and see if the blood can lead me to another body to devour.