Elaine Crudvent's POV

I gripped my knife in my hand. The patterns etched in the silver surface glistened under the full moon. Saphire let out a howl, and Delvin patted her back. He tossed her some meat that we could've eaten, and she snatched in from the air in one swift movement. Suddenly, I heard a creak in the night.
The anthem began to blare, and Florina's face appeared in the sky. Her blank stare made me feel guilty, I had failed to protect my ally. She is followed by Cloud. I didn't know him, but it was enough to know that his death saved my life.
Again the sky went dark, and I found myself slowly drifting into sleep. A coldly embrace gripped my shoulders, chilling my body. But I didn't care. Because after what I faces, I never forgave, and I never forgot.

**
I woke to Delvin shaking my shoulders, yanking me out of my slumber. "What the hell?!" I spat, jumping back in alarm. Delvin looked shocked. "Sorry." I said cooly when I realized he wasn't some evil anteater. "Hello, tributes!" Talon's voice rang out through the arena. I rolled my eyes. Great.
"Tributes, I know it's been confusing. So I'll get to the point. You'll be transformed for twenty four hours. Either suck it up and kill people or rot in hell." So comforting. Suddenly, a blasting pain shot through my body. I shrieked, and watch as Delvin melted into a horse. His fur pitch black, his eyes glowing. Then I looked at myself. I stood on two legs, the other two pulled against my chest. My tail curled against my feet and my blonde fur ruffled in the wind. Monkey.
"WHAT THE DAMN HELL?!?!??!?!" I shrieked, but it came out as "EEE-KEEYOUU-EEEEKKKKK!" Well, now I knew how to curse people in monkey.
Cherry shifted into a redish looking hippo. She opened her mouth, revealing crazy buck-teeth. I laughed, but it came out as a chattering noise. "Ooh ohh ahh ahh!"
Suddenly, a flicker caught my eye. I caught the scent of my tasty prey. Gecko. I sprinted after it as it raced up a tree, weaving through the branches. I followed my breakfast through the tree, licking my chops. The gecko dived out of the tree, running right under Delvin. I leaped from the tree, landing on Delvin's back. I hopped to the ground, just to see the gecko gone. I turned around to see it running towards the island bridge. I charged after it with a huff of breath. I really needed more exercise.
The gecko still outran me, racing towards the edge of the islands. It veered sharply to the left, almost throwing me off track. Quickly, it slipped between one of the cracks between the wood planks in the bridge. I wailed and hooked my hail around the bridge as I dived off after it. I snatched the falling gecko in my paws, feeling it squirm beneath me. It slipped between my toes and darted up over my shoulder and back onto the island. I pulled myself back onto the bridge and raced after the gecko. Cherry opened her mouth to eat some grass when the gecko doved into her mouth. "NOOOO!" I screamed, but it came out as "WEEEEEKKKKKEEEEE". I shoved my paw in Cherry's mouth and scooped out the gecko. Cherry just watched us like we were crazy. I tried to hit the gecko but I hit it too hard. I screeched at the gecko as it was pushed over roughly and was flung over over the edge.
I stared in disbelief as a giraffe stretched its neck over the edge. The gecko grabbed ahold of the giraffe, climbing away from me. I heard the island bridge creak as Cherry walked across it, towards the gecko and giraffe. Crazy, crazy, crazy hippo. HUNGRY HUNGY HIPPOS!!! Her jaws clamped shut as she stalked towards them.
Suddenly, Cherry grabbed the giraffe's leg, sending it flying to the ground. I watched curiously as a Raging hippo Cherry attacked the giraffe.
The giraffe let out a strange shrieking noise as Cherry stomped on its face. Cherry's was going crazy, I could tell. She stepped on the giraffe's throat, suffocating the creature. I hopped across the bridge and darted towards the gecko. It didn't see me in time and I picked it up and shoved it in my mouth. I immediately spat it out. It tasted like... Human. I grabbed a stick and stabbed the gecko's head. BOOM! I looked over to see the giraffe. It wasn't a giraffe, it was Red. Red was dead. Cherry shoved the body over the edge, watching as it plummeted into darkness. BOOM! The gecko shifted into Callisto, her hair sprawled over her face. She looked so... Peaceful. I shook the thought.
I tossed the body over the edge. Suddenly, I saw a Tiger being chased by a bunny. I squeaked in excitement as The bunny bit down on the tiger's leg, drawing blood as red as apples. The tiger turned, trying to get rid of the bunny, and in a haze sprinted right over the cliff. The bunny let go just in time and stumbled back, barely landing on the island. As the tiger fell it shifted to India, her dead body dropping into nowhere. I was in the final four. And so were Delvin, Cherry, and Noelle.
This wouldn't be the end of our battles, but it certainly wouldn't be the begginign either. These games had only just began. The capital games never truly ended, the memories haunting you for eternity.and my story, well my story has only just started.