Elaine Crudvent's POV

I somehow ended up in a position where I was sitting on a log, Delvin's arm wrapped around me. To be honest I wasn't to sure how it happened, I was a one thing after another kind of thing. Normally I would let anyone come near me, but Delvin seem different, and I felt.. Warm... Inside when I was around him. I sighed.

The capital anthem began to play, but by now I had seen it enough for my liking. The first face to flash across the sky was Bryan. I was unsure if he died in the bloodbath or from the wings, but I believe the capital was playing the past two nights' dead. I dreaded a fight with him, and although in the end I was strong enough to defeat him, the thought of him on the islands was a bit freaky.

After a few moments, the capital got bored with his massive nose and the next face showed. Ian, the boy from district four. To me, he wasn't a surprise, I had expected his dead body since day one. He was a mysterious person, and I didn't really think he had what it took to stay alive. And I was right.

The third face in the sky is Chrystal, the scary girl from district six. She scared me to be honest, and I was relieved she wasn't around anymore. Her eyes watched over the tributes, the glassy dead look spread across her face, reflecting in the sky. The fake sky. Oh, how much I missed the real twinkling stars of home, the lights and clouds.

I was broken away from my thoughts as the next face showed, Aubrey from district seven. I didn't know her, and didn't pay any attention to her character, but she seemed strong. District seven normally stood a strong chance, but not nearly as high as the careers. I had no cares about her death, she meant negative something to me, it was good to have her dead.

Logan, her district partner, shows next. To be honest, I wasn't really expecting district seven to be out this quickly. And although these tributes were wimps that knew nothing on survival, district seven was a strong district that stood a good chance. My thoughts were quickly dismissed as his face vanished into the fake night sky.

The sixth death was Esperanza, the strange girl from district ten. I had never liked her anyways, that was probably why I murdered her in the bloodbath. Well, at least I attempted to, it didn't work out quite as planned. It wasn't my fault though... And I didn't feel like retelling the story.

There were about five others, but I didn't pay much attention as the twinkling night sky tugged me... Tugged me towards sleep. And I found my self drifting along it's path.

When I woke I was still in Delvin's arms, although he was awake. He was staring off into the void, his eyes unblinking. I could hear the soft snores of Florina and Cherry, however Sparrow was rolling up her sleeping bag. I pushed Delvin's arm away gently as I stood up, stretching out my arms with a yawn.

While Sparrow continued packing our bags, I changed out of my night clothes Delvin had picked up from the horn. I changed back into my arena clothes because they made me feel prettier. I combed through my hair with my fingers, yanking out the tangles before putting my hair into a bun with a stick.

I sighed, bored. I heard a nearby yawn as Florina sat up, scratching the back of her neck. Sparrow somehow convinced Florina to get up so she could roll up her sleeping bag, god knows how. Florina groaned, grabbing her messy hair and dunking half her water bottle on it.

Cherry sighed, being the last one to wake up. "Good morning, sleeping beauty!" Cheered Sparrow sarcastically. Cherry rolled her mismatched eyes, her hands traveling to her hair. She gasped, realizing it was out long. She grabbed her ponytail holder from her back, putting it into her hair.

Suddenly, the voice of the head gamemaker, Talon,'s voice swooped through the air. Get it.. Swooped? Birds swoop and they have talons... No? Okay. Aannnnnyyyywwwwaaaayyyyyssss he continued. "This years batch of tributes is obviously worthy to compete in this arena, but if you have any supplies you might want to dispose of them soon. Islands with supplies will fall into the void. You have five minutes to dispose of your supplies, or any island with supplies will fall. Every tribute with a sponsor may take one bag, but only one. Don't be greedy."

I lifted my middle finger. "F*ck you! Talon!"

Delvin immediately grabbed a pack, over stuffing it with supplies. Sparrow did the same, while Cherry giggled as she kicked supplies over the edge, waving at them as they fell into darkness. "Elaine, can I talk to you for a second?" Asked a voice and I turned to see Delvin. I nodded, following him as he walked about twenty yards away from our allies.

"So, what did you want to say?" I asked, worried. I doubt we hand long. I was so distracted I forgot about the burned half of Delvin's face, although I may have forgotten because I cared about him.

"Elaine, I think I might love you." He said confidently, and a smile spread across my face as I looked at him, happiness filling my heart. Delvin leaned towards me, and then it happened so fast. His lips came crashing into mine, and I wrapped my arm around his neck as I kissed him back.

One of my hands remained on the back of his head, while the other wandered to his shoulders. His hands traveled to my waist and she gently pushed my against a tree. I continued to kiss him, before the ground began to tremble.

Delvin pulled away from me, scooping up his bag of saved supplies. Cherry and Florina must've not thrown everything out... Idiot girls. Sparrow darted across the island, jumping onto the rope bridge. Cherry was the next one on, followed by Florina. Delvin leaped through the air as the ground plunged downwards, barely landing on the rope bride.

I however, was unable to do anything but scream as the island took me with it. Delvin's eyes widened, and without thinking he dropped onto his stomach and grabbed my wrist. I yelled at the jerk but I was glad to live another day. I glanced to my side and saw figure under the rope bridge in the distance, and realized it was a tribute!

I squinted, recognizing the tribute as India. Red jumped up and down on the rope bridge, making India wobble as she clutched the planks of the bridge, swinging plank the plank. Red did a cartwheel, flipping off one side of the bridge. She let out a cry if joy and spread her arms and legs as she flew down before realizing she was about the die.

She grabbed India's ankle, pulling hard, causing both girl to loose their grip and drop into darkness. Titan called out, leaning over the edge to peer at them. Callisto sneered before pushing his back, sending him to follow the girls into their death. Callisto laughed to herself before jumping across the bridges, darting out of view.

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! I stepped back, almost falling off the rope bridge as it wobbled. I heard a shout and looked to see Chase, Jackson, and Noelle. She scared me. Noelle laughed creepily, taking out her knife. Jackson tripped, stumbling into a rabbit hole. She turned to Chase, and stabbed her blade through his cheek.

He cried out in pain, and I could see the end of the blade visable through the skin. Ew. She pulled out the knife, sticking her finger in the hole she made. He screeched, but she wiggled around her finger, and yanked hard, ripping the skin so a massive flap of skin was dangling from his cheek.

Chase screamed before stepping back and launching himself into the void. He let out one last scream if agony before I heard a cannon. BOOM! Noelle, grinning crazily, turning to Jackson. He gulped, but she drove her knife through his kidney anyway. He wailed in pain but she shoved her hand in the hole, grabbing an organ and yanking it out.

He let out a blood curling scream as Noelle held up the blood soaked body part, before shoving it in her mouth. I looked away, disgusted, but screams of pain continued before I heard a cannon. BOOM! Noelle turned to us, grinning crazily. Her face was smeared with blood, and taking a deep breath I whipped a knife from my belt and flung it.

It impaled her forehead and she was dead within seconds. BOOM! Six tributes down, what a day.