Bad Race - Daniel Ricciardo

A/N This one's short and sweet :)

The minute you see Daniel's race come undone on the last few laps you know that he'll be in a less than happy mood when he gets back. You turn off the TV and put on some music through your Spotify as you go to the kitchen to make some tea. Once your tea is steeped you take the mug and go back to the couch where you spent the majority of the race. You grab your phone and scroll through social media to see what it being said, on the plane, be back soon, is the text that pops up from Daniel making you smile slightly as you reply with an okay before putting the device face down on the coffee table.

You sit up from where you were laying on the couch when you hear the apartment door opening. When Daniel comes into view you stand up seeing how defeated he is, his gaze goes to you and you smile. "Hey" you murmur while walking over, "hi" he replies with a strained smile. The sadness in his eyes makes you frown, "you'll do better next race" he nods and you hug him, your hands sliding under his shirt feeling the tense back muscles as your fingers move along his skin. He brings his arms around you too before kissing your head, "I love you" you smile and pull away slightly to be able to see his face, "love you Danny" he smiles and you go on your toes to press a kiss to his lips. "Let's go to sleep, you've had a long weekend" you murmur into the kiss, he pulls away and you take his hand leading him to the bedroom that you share.

When the two of you get under the covers later, Daniel curls up against you his head on your chest while he takes one of your hands, gently lacing your fingers with his. He lets out a sigh which makes your heart break slightly as you run your fingers through his hair. "I should've known better" he suddenly says making you look down at him, "mistakes happen, all that you can do is learn from them" you reply while continuing to brush his hair back. "How do you know the right thing to say all the time?" you laugh and move your fingers out of his hair, "lots of practice Danny, lots and lots of it" he tilts his head to look at you "thanks Y/N" you smile your fingers moving down to his back, "no need to thank me, i'll always be here for you" he smiles. This makes you bring your thumb to his bottom lip, tracing it gently, "there's the smile I love" he shifts his body to be able to kiss you his arms now on either side of you while moving you onto your back. "Dan" you murmur trying to stop him, but he pulls away only to start kissing your neck, "Dan sleep" you say while putting your hands on his arms. 

He slows down his kisses and pulls away to look at you, he swoops down to press a quick kiss to your lips before he lays next to you. He wraps his arms around you, pulling your back to his front while his fingers lace together with yours, "thank you for sticking around" you smile, "anytime handsome" he laughs and kisses your shoulder, "night Danny" he squeezes you and places a hand on your skin, "night beautiful" you smile and realize just how tired you are as your eyes close on their own while the man you love soothingly traces shapes into your skin.