Save Me (1) - Charles Leclerc

You let your friend pull you down the busy sidewalk. Giggles leaving your lips as you try to stay upright because of her speed. Everyone blends into a red blur because of the Ferrari merchandise they're wearing. You and your friend decided to stay neutral for the race festivities, your friend believes that it'll make it easier to gain the attention of drivers. As far as you're concerned this weekend is just about having a good time together since work life has been brutal lately. "Would you slow down! We're not in any rush" you say trying to slow her down, she looks over her shoulder, a huge grin on her face, "there's so much to see and so little time" she replies making you sigh but continue to weave through the crowded sidewalk behind her.

When she finally comes to a stop it takes you by surprise so the momentum still has you lurching forward in the direction of the road. The horn of an approaching car makes you picture your death, but a strong arm pulls you back onto the sidewalk. Your heart beats frantically at the close call with your hands on the arm still wound around you. "Are you okay?" the voice makes you tune back in to reality. The arm loosens from your middle so you finally turn around to take a look at your saviour. He's wearing RayBans, a dark baseball cap, and a simple tee with jeans, "I think so" you reply still a bit shaken up. "They should put up more barriers this time of year" he says then frowns. That's when you notice the accent that rolls off his words, ready to ask where he's from but your friend interrupts before you can. "I'm so sorry Y/N, I should've slowed down like you said" she exclaims while looking you over for injuries, she then turns to the stranger that has unfortunately fully let you go, "thank you so much for saving my best friend's life, I don't know how to repay you" he just smiles then tucks his hands into his pockets, "be more careful and enjoy the weekend". He starts to step away but you catch his arm, the same current from earlier appearing at the contact making him lift his eyebrows. "Thank you, I truly thought I was going to die today" he smiles again and you wish that he would take off his sunglasses so that you could fully see his face. "I'm glad that I was there to step in to action" you smile too then let go of his arm, "have a good day" you murmur, he nods then disappears into the crowd.

"It was like nothing I've ever felt with any of my exes, some kind of electrical current travelled through me at his touch" you explain to your friend once you've gotten back to your shared hotel room. "Shit Y/N why didn't we get his name and info" you sigh then throw your arm over your eyes, "because there's no point". She huffs then leans on your shoulder, "you're wrong, there was a connection and he saved your life", you shrug, "doesn't matter now, I'm never gonna find him" she stays silent so you reach for the TV remote. The two of you spend the evening watching a movie, never having been big fans of parties, which ironically is what the Monaco Grand Prix is known for.

••••

The next morning you can't help but feel excited about qualifying. You and your best friend secured tickets in the Paddock Club, wanting to experience the most during race weekend. Once you have both gotten changed into something appropriate for the event, you leave the apartment, grabbing a quick bite to eat before making your way to the track entrance. The sequin covered pencil skirt you chose to wear gains everyone's attention because of the way the sun hits it. The various glances make you blush while fidgeting with your fingers, "stop that Y/N! You look amazing, don't get all shy now" your friend exclaims. She takes your hand to tug you towards the Paddock Club in the distance, making you forget about the attention as a smile appears on your face. "This is going to be so fun" you say while taking in the busy venue, "it sure will be, now let's go because the first driver chat is happening in a couple of minutes" she replies making you roll your eyes.

When you stumble into the lounge area, the amount of people there is a surprise. Your friend tugs you closer to the drivers which aren't visible yet. The minute you spot the dominant red colour of their outfits you know it's Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc at the front of the crowd. Your friend comes to a stop when it seems fit, her eyes filled with excitement as the two men answer questions from Paddock Club members. You find yourself watching Charles while an unexplainable feeling of recognition comes over you when he smiles at the small crowd surrounding him. "Hey have we ever met him" you ask your friend, "if we did I must've been way past drunk because I don't remember ever being this close to any F1 drivers" she replies so you shake your head to rid your mind of the thought. People start clapping bringing you back to the present where the host is thanking the drivers for their time. Your eyes go to Charles to find his gaze on you already, but before you can react he gets pulled into a conversation with a fan. "Why'd he look at you like that Y/N?" your friends asks, you shrug while turning to her, "I don't know" she furrows her brows.