Take Care - Daniel Ricciardo

You tell yourself that you're going to be able to stay awake for Daniel's arrival. But weeks of late nights at the office have caught up to you, the Harry Potter marathon that you thought would keep you awake still on while you sleep on the couch in yours and the Aussie's apartment. The hoodie you're wearing providing the comfort you tend to miss out on whenever Dan is away. You don't hear the door opening but you do feel the slight pressure on your head making you smile slightly but stay asleep. When you feel yourself getting lifted you gasp and open your eyes, not expecting the movement. "You're okay Y/N" you relax seeing that it's Dan who is carrying you, "welcome home" you murmur sleepily, "thank you gorgeous, I can't wait to spend some time with you" he replies and you let out a yawn. His eyebrows furrow in concern, "i'm okay Dan, just tired" he gently lowers you onto the bed the worry still present in his gaze.

You smile up at him before making grabby hands at him, he laughs and shrugs out of his clothes. The Aussie slides into bed next to you seconds later, his arms gathering you into his chest, "you have to stop working so much, it's not good for you" he murmurs into your ear, "how did you know I was working a lot?" you ask quietly peering over at him slightly, "your mom called me" you sigh and turn back to window. "I don't want to disappoint anyone, so if that means working a little extra i'll do it" Dan tightens his arms around you and presses a gentle kiss to your neck, "you need to take some time for yourself Y/N, I don't want the love of my life to burnout while i'm away" you move your fingers to his hands, tracing the dark ink scattered on his skin. "It distracts me when you're away, making it easier to come home to an empty apartment" he loosens his arms making you panic slightly before he rotates you to face him. "Call me if you're lonely, even if it's in the middle of the night" you avoid his gaze while biting your lip, "I don't want to take you out of your racing mode" he takes your chin in his hand to make you look at him, you feel your eyes welling up at his expression. "I. Don't. Care." he tells you between kisses making you giggle, "if you're missing me or need me to be there call me Y/N" you see that he's serious so you nod.

After letting out a loud yawn, Dan kisses your head and you cuddle into him again, your arms going around him as your head rests on his chest. "Love you" you murmur as you tangle your legs with his, "love you beautiful" he replies while moving his fingers soothingly up and down your spine. The action lulls you to sleep again, work forgotten as you finally get some rest from the chaos of the week.

••••

Your phone ringing wakes you up the next morning, after a few seconds of rubbing the sleep from your eyes you grab the device. The covers fall to your waist as you answer the call from a co-worker, your movement must have woken Daniel because he sits up as well. You listen to your panicked colleague, but when the Aussie next to you starts pressing kisses to your shoulder and up your neck your hand loosens slightly and your close your eyes. He brings his arm around your front tugging you back to his chest, "let someone else handle it Y/N, you deserve a break" he murmurs quietly before continuing his path towards your ear, his hands playing with the waistband of your sweat shorts. You shiver at the gesture and quickly interrupt your colleague, telling her that you aren't available to help and that she should touch base with someone else before hanging up the call hoping that she will forgive you for the abrupt end to the conversation. "Let me help you relax gorgeous" Dan says and takes your phone to place it aside, he pulls you in close and proceeds to make you forget about work.

Later the two of you are on the couch finishing the Harry Potter marathon you started the night before. You're completely engrossed by the movie as Dan holds you against his chest, you feel his gaze on you but don't do anything to call him out on the fact. "Y/N" you hum but don't turn your head towards the Aussie, "look at me please" you eventually look away from the movie to peer at him. "I love you so much" you smile at his statement interlacing your fingers with his, "love you more than I love gummy bears" he chuckles and drops a slow kiss to your lips. "Promise me that you'll call if you ever feel lonely, I don't want you to push yourself too hard" you kiss the small rose tattoo on his hand before answering, "I promise Dan" he smiles and you turn back to the movie. Spending the rest of the day on the couch with him, the tension from the week leaving your body as you focus on being with the man you love.