Chapter 236. The Altar in the middle of the Desert.

Let's go back in time a bit.

After Cecile spoke with Yasenia through the communication device, she focused on the ruins in front of her. They were circular with an open ceiling, similar to an altar. Of the six circular pillars, one of them was toppled down. There were also geometrical lines on the floor, creating some kind of pattern. Even so, Cecile couldn't understand them because her knowledge of formation was very sallow.

Nonetheless, Cecile wasn't worried. After killing the five demons and showing off her strength, no one dared to bother her, so she had plenty of time to look around. Every time someone crossed gazes with her, they would flinch and look the other way, whether they were beasts, humans, beast humans, or even demons.

Cecile ignored them and moved toward the ruins with steady steps, looking for the entrance. A ruin in the middle of a desert with this kind of shape was bound to be filled with treasures. Either that or it was a mortal trap that would bury most people who dared to enter them.

However, after looking around for ten minutes, she didn't find an entrance anywhere. 'It is not only me. Everyone here is still looking for something. I've been keeping an eye on the number of cultivators, and it hasn't changed since the beginning besides those that left or arrived.'

Cecile decided to fly up and scout from the sky. Maybe she could see something different from high up in the air. Her big silver wings spread and flapped, shooting her up into the air. Cecile stopped at her limit altitude of 150 meters, or else the heat would cook her.

After looking from above, Cecile's immutable expression changed a little. To her surprise, the whole circular ruins appeared to make a pattern on the ground. It was extremely clear even to someone as ignorant as herself. The six pillars were the cornerstones of it.

However, that column on the right side had fallen down, unlike its counterpart on the left. Cecile thought about it and concluded. 'Maybe something will happen if I reposition it. However, it is quite big and heavy. Hmm...'

Cecile looked at it for one more minute and decided to try. She swooped down and landed beside that column. Her movements weren't flashy, but many people had their eyes on her, be it to admire her ethereal beauty, keep her in check, or follow her whenever she did something special.

Cecile walked to the top part of that pillar and grabbed the column by the edge. Her wings began flapping as her tails absorbed the energy around her, increasing her body strength. People saw Cecile's action and were speechless. That column was at least 40m long with a radius of 3 meters. That meant that it was six meters in height right now, fallen over.

However, Cecile's flapping made them shut up because the air her big silver wings moved was creating visual air shockwaves. Each flap was loud and sonorous as the strength she was currently exerting exploded the air her wings were pushing.

Cecile felt that the column was extremely heavy. Even when she used her whole body strength, it didn't even flinch. However, Cecile was a woman that took the bull by its horns to beat him up. Therefore, instead of asking other cultivators to help her, she gritted her teeth and enhanced herself with her buffs.

*BOOM!*

Her aura swelled and made the surrounding temperature drop sharply. Silver crystals condensed in the air because of her aura alone. Then, after crouching, she straightened her legs and put all her muscles behind that action.

People's mouths opened wide as sand began falling from the column, and she really started lifting it. Cecile's brute strength was lifting the enormous column!

'It's very heavy!'

When Cecile lifted it to waist height, which still was very little in comparison with the huge structure, she made a quick movement and crouched under it, changing her form. Now Cecile was under the heavy column, supporting it above her head with her hands while crouched.