Chapter 352. Traveling Mountains Merchants. Real Body Cultivation.

By the time they reached a city, It was dusk. The sun was already hiding on the horizon, but the light of the day still illuminated the place.

When they observed the different infrastructures built in the city, it looked strange. Even though it followed the basic city surrounded by walls, the materials used for all the buildings seemed different.

It was a solid material similar to dirt but looking strong. Moreover, the houses past the walls had rounded roofs. Yasenia was accustomed to flat or pointed roofs, so seeing circular ones was a first. "That's interesting."

Andrea commented. "That material... I think I've seen it somewhere. Right! It is [Living Dirt]."

Evelyn raised her eyebrow, "Hoh~, that sounds interesting. How does it work?"

Andrea explained. "The reason it is called like that is that it can multiply, grow, and become sturdier the longer it absorbs energy. Moreover, the Earth attribute users can bond with [Living Dirt] and force it to change forms. However, to do so is difficult. [Living Dirt] grows continuously, and it is theorized that reaching past a point can gain sentience and, in extremely rare cases, sapience."

Kali was surprised. "That sounds dangerous to use as a "House building" material. What if the house suddenly devours its residents?"

Yasenia smirked and said. "It needs a lot of time for that."

Andrea looked at Yasenia and asked curiously. "You know about it?"

Yasenia laughed. "I can't differentiate it at sight like you, but I've read about it. It was one of the materials used in the past on our Continent. However, it was used when the Beast-Humans still had a footing in our Continent. So it was very long ago. I heard that humans didn't like it because they feared what Kali said."

Angel tilted her head. "Does it have any drawbacks besides that?"

Andrea shook her head. "It doesn't. Moreover, I remember doing a thesis about it and presenting it to my Master."

Yasenia asked. "Aunty Irina?"

Andrea nodded. "I spoke about how we could use their energy-absorbing trait to create "Cultivation Houses" or "Energy Absorbing Structures." However, she said that it was impossible because some technologies had been lost, and we couldn't create very efficient tools to do so. I wonder if any of the books I bought in the Lost City will help once she sees them."

Yasenia got thoughtful. "If we can do so, or even grow a conscious [Living Dirt], we could use it as a guardian. Who would expect the house to attack?"

Cecile narrated in her indifferent voice. "A pair of unaware robbers enter the house, not knowing that they've, in truth, entered the stomach of the monster about to devour them alive."

Evelyn shuddered, thinking of the situation. "That sounds scary as hell."

Angel nodded, "Especially if Cecile narrates it."

Cecile blinked, "How do I make it scarier?"

Kali held her laugh. "Well, your tone of voice can be terrifying when complemented with a scary tale."

Cecile nodded as calmly as ever. "I see." Then, a mischievous glint flashed in her eyes. "Angel, I'll tell you scary stories every night from now on, okay?"

Angel shook her head as quickly as she could. "Nonono, I'm okay without them!" Cecile smirked, clearly amused. Her smirk brightened her facial features for that instant, making the others somewhat dazed.

Yasenia coughed and said. "Focus, we are approaching the city. Although I don't feel any danger, we can't relax in an unknown place."

They all nodded and followed behind Yasenia.