Chapter 250. Protect The King and the Queen!

After waking up Sarah, they all went toward one of the biggest monoliths. It was almost twenty meters tall with a width of eight meters. Its color was similar to the others, being grey. The formation lines across its length were complex and glowing with a yellowish light.

Sarah asked, "Is this the first Monolith you chose? The aura it gives is incomparable to the others."

Yasenia nodded, "Yes, we've already created a path we want to try."

Then, she reread the challenge for Sarah, "Pay attention, Sarah. The King and Queen are returning from their diplomacy talk; protect them until you reach the Empire. If they are completely untouched during the whole escorting mission, you will be able to choose an artifact from the Grand Treasury. Time will be slower inside. The ratio is two hours to one minute. Completion rewards are: 1500 Trial Points for the Heaven Gate, 1000 Trial Points for the Earth Gate, 400 Trial Points for the Mortal Gate, and 150 Trial Points for the Waste Gate."

Sarah exclaimed, "So many points! Why is it so different from the first Monolith?"

Yasenia looked at her and said, "Probably this one is much harder. The first Monolith was about killing a lot of low-level cultivators; it was not very hard, to be honest. Most cultivators would be able to overcome it. It tested the challenger's endurance and ability to kill armies."

Yasenia turned to look at the Monolith and explained. "In this one, we are protecting someone, so the Queen and King are probably very weak. Moreover, there must be a lot of instances where the King and Queen die before you can even react. My advice is not to lose focus and be careful even with your allies."

Sarah and the others nodded, and they entered the Monolith.

Yasenia felt her body being sucked and landing on something soft. Then, she opened her eyes inside a carriage.

In front of her, a middle-aged man and woman sat. Their faces were stern, and their facial features attractive. Their hair was dark, the same as their eyes.

Yasenia was about to look outside the window when her left ear twitched. Her tail moved extremely fast beside the Queen's head, *Cling!* Only for an arrow to hit it right in the next moment.

Yasenia approached them and said aloud, "My King, my Queen, please do not move."

Her tone was calm and shooting, but she was internally cursing. 'It doesn't even give you time to look around. That arrow would have cost me the artifact....'

Yasenia waited for ten seconds and didn't see anything more coming her way. So she approached one window and looked around. Looking around, she saw five guards, a carriage driver, and two archers on top of the carriage. "Have any of you spotted something?"

One of the guards answered, "Nothing strange, Guard Captain."

Yasenia thought for a moment and then shouted angrily. "Nothing strange!? There was an arrow that flew inside the carriage to hurt our Queen and King! All of you, stop being lazy fucks, or I will kill you myself!"

Yasenia observed their reaction. She saw they became nervous because of her scolding, but nothing more than that. She went outside and looked a the two archers' faces. Then, she asked curtly, "Did you see anything?"

One of the archers stuttered, "W-We haven't. We promise to be more aware from now on, Guard Captain."

"Useless!" Yasenia scolded again.

They were all thinking, 'Our Guard Captain is such a beauty, but when she is angry, she is too scary.'

Yasenia saw that the archer that didn't answer was somewhat indifferent. But Yasenia didn't say anything more. She just snorted and returned to the Queens and Kings side. 'Now I will have to see how skilled these assassins are... I wonder how they compare with those my maids dealt with in the past.'