Chapter 284. Inheritance Ritual. Valeria's strangeness.

The Mirror nodded and prepared to start the Transference Ritual. For that, it needed to take its current base form and leave Angel's shape.

The small Angel grew in height, and her hair changed from blonde to white. Her body became more slender, and her blue eyes became lighter, icy like the coldest of ices, and filled with pride. Then, it said, "Good, let's begin the inheritance ceremony."

Fu Jing Jing nodded.

First, she made Angel's robe disappear, making her completely naked. Then, she laid the catatonic Angel on the crystal bed she was previously sitting on. Angel's creamy skin touched the cold crystal mattress, but not a single twitch could be perceived from her.

The moment Fu Jing Jing laid her on it, the aura of the whole cave took a turn.

From stillness, the energy began rotating with increasing strength and momentum.

All energy accumulated across hundreds of thousands of years inside the cave moved and followed hidden paths inside the walls. The energy moved in complex patterns and concentrated on six spots above them, slowly activating a gigantic formation covering the whole place.

Then, Fu Jing Jing waved her long white sleeve, and a beam shot toward Angel's heart. It struck precisely in the middle and created a small hole. From it, a drop of blood left Angel's body. Following that, the wound closed, and that drop very slowly floated upward.

Since Angel's mind was broken, forcing things on her was easy for Fu Jing Jing. She sighed and said, "No matter if you wanted to gain it, I can only follow through with this, or else you will remain like that for the rest of your life. I hope you don't hate us, little Angel."

She said that because, besides forcing Angel to do this, the drop of blood was not a normal drop of blood.

That drop of blood was a drop of precious blood essence.

Blood essence was basically the vitality and strength of a cultivator.

Losing a single drop of this blood that only resided in the heart was enough to lose lifespan, cultivation, soul strength, and potential. In worst-case scenarios, losing blood essence could lead to cultivation base degradation, and hurting the foundation, making it impossible to advance and basically crippling the cultivator. The total amount a cultivator below the Transcendence Level had was ten drops of that blood.

Angel had only four since she was young, and her cultivation base was low. This meant that losing one drop was an even bigger disaster.

Nevertheless, Fu Jing Jing wouldn't let any side effects happen since this process was necessary for the Ritual.

Moreover, she was a Saint. She was someone with such a broad knowledge of cultivation that she could fight directly against the Heavens. Even if her current self were incomparable to the past, she wouldn't mess up in her own inheritance ritual.

Even so, the loss of lifespan was inevitable since there had to be a price for using essence blood and not returning it to the body. Unlike the Blood Contract, where the drops combine and return to the body, here Angel was about to give her blood essence to the Mirror.

Still, as long as Angel continued cultivating and advancing, she would not even realize it.

When the drop of blood essence floated thirty centimeters above her heart, Fu Jing Jing chanted in a low voice and at high speed. It was like a gentle yet imposing murmur guiding the Formation around her. Her ethereal voice filled the crystal cave as the energy began gathering toward it from the outside.

The cultivators in the surrounding area realized something was wrong because the natural flow of energy was disrupted. This alerted most of them, and they began gathering in that spot.