Chapter 377. City Lord of Koran City.

Rumors about powerful humans arriving in the Koran City had already spread, reaching the City Lord's ears.

It wasn't strange because a thing like this was as rare as it could be. Humans in the Distancia Continent were scarce, weak, and easy to bully.

Learning that a powerful human existed generated two different thoughts. The first was a sense of danger. However, most people wouldn't take it seriously. After so many years, the generations that lived when humans roamed the Continent freely were already gone.

The other reaction was curiosity. How did a weak race like humans manage to nurture a mighty warrior? It was indeed a mystery for them.

If the City's slave owners weren't sure they could catch them, they would've probably tried to get their hands on them already. However, Jorey, one of the most prominent merchants, didn't try to take them by force, so they became careful in the matter.

In a building near the middle of Koran City, the City Lord looked at papers when this news reached him. He was a mix between a wolf and a human. His skin was on the darker side, and his fur was black. His head was in the middle between a wolf and a human, but his body was entirely that of a human. His legs were muscular, and a short and bristly tail was behind him.

He was part of the [Steel Back Wolf Clan], a strong clan even between the plethora of families in the Distancia Continent.

He read the reports and asked the common-looking female, brown-feathered harpy on his side. "I received reports about a strange group with high strength. Are they that strong? Do we need to be wary of them? Although they seem like merchants, the reports about strong humans are quite problematic."

Like almost all variants of her race, the harpy was naked with a stack of papers on her claws. Her arms and wings were attached into one, but her fingers were separated and looked agile enough to work with in delicate work.

Despite her nakedness, she didn't act out of turn and answered formally. "We've failed to observe them in detail. However, I received a report five minutes ago that most of them had left the house. I told one of our spies from the [Phantasmal Night Owl] race to watch over them. I believe they can do their job well and inform us as long as there is trouble."

The City Lord's facial expression was not good. He looked into the eyes of the harpy with disdain and asked coldly. "Are all of you slacking? How did you not gain any information after a whole night went by? You could've infiltrated their house or tried to guess from which family they are!"

The City Lord had a low growl in his voice while he spoke. "The only thing I've got after ignoring all the useless flattery in the report is that they have a powerful human, a dragon, a two-tailed fox woman, a phoenix woman, a young crustacean, and a wolf from an unknown giant race! I can fill a report like this after looking a single time! Useless!"

The harpy's feathers ruffled in fear. Although she was not weak, the aura of the City Lord was much stronger than hers. Therefore, she hastily explained before something went out of control. "City Lord, calm your anger. They have a mighty formation master. All the people I sent to inspect it couldn't even look inside at what was happening. Even the wolf seemed to have popped out of the house once they walked outside. Clearly, their vision disrupting formation is of an extremely high level."

The City Lord's wild facial features scrunched as he looked at the trembling harpy. However, he didn't do anything in the end. "You are lucky you have some backing, or else you would've already lost your head. And what if they have a formation master? Don't we have a lot of them too? Unless they are from the [Sky Formation Palace], I don't believe our experts can't beat theirs."