113. The Warrior's Hidden Past

Athena and her coven had been spending hours training and were gaining more confidence with offensive spells. Donavan and Damian had separated themselves from the coven and were training for defence in separate chambers. Now that the texas rangers as well as the rescued southern and eastern rebels were safely sent to Alaska by Alpha Augustus, there was little to think about except war. A big battle was inevitable and Athena was determined to involved as little number of people as possible. As the coven were busy training, the presence of someone got everyone curious. The eight healers halted what they were doing as the door to the chambers they were training opened up and they saw Xander alongside Sabrina entering.

Sabrina cleared her throat and spoke " Sorry to bother you while you are training but I thought I should share some information with you. This is about some captives held by this pack who are recovering in the infirmary. If anyone can heal them fast is you. They were hurt badly by Octavian for insulting him. Do you mind visiting them."

Athena smiled warmly " Of course, we would check on them. But does Octavian know you are here?"

Xander looked nervous and responded before Sabrina could " Not yet. But he will hear about it if you visit those captives. He is at the moment spending time with his father who is mentoring him about how the pack is run and of course Tanzanite, this pack's wisdom sorcerer."

Aretha gasped " You have your own wisdom sorcerer? How cool. Their kind is rare. Maybe one or two live in each century. It's hard to detect them too."

Xander shrugged " Well. Her presence is rather a curse than a blessing. She is a cold hearted monster. But never mind. Can I take you to the infirmary right now? Since you are guests here, you are allowed to visit various sections. You could say you stumbled a across them by accident and healed them. Alpha Augustus and Octavian can't be cross with you if you heal them faster."

The coven nodded and as Xander felt their waves of approval, he waved his hands and the coven, Xander and Sabrina were teleported to a dark corridor. Xander spoke " I have to take Sabrina away before Octavian gets annoyed with her being at a long distance from him. Those captives are behind this door. Good luck in healing them."

Alexandra questioned " Hold on, if they are captives how come the door is not locked. Aren't you worried they may escape."

Xander nodded " Well lets say they are not in a state to attempt any escapes. Besides, they know enough about this place to be cretain that it's almost impossible to leave this place. The enchantments sealing the exit portals are very tight. They are sealed by sacred river enchantments."

Xander lead the way inside alongside Sabrina as the coven followed them inside. The coven members gasped as they saw the sight of Elisha, Oberon, Evelina and her trio followers, Keith, Lydia and Ethan laying unconscious on separate beds.

Alexandra spoke " How did they end up so badly hurt. I can't even sense what kind of spell was used to knock them out like this. It's so powerful whatever torment they received. Who did this seriously?"

Sabrina whispered " It was all Octavian. I begged him to assign some healers here but he refused. He said they should count themselves lucky he stopped their torment so soon and they are allowed to heal now on their own accord. But they are too weak. It could take them a while to recover and wake up."

Aretha turned to Athena " Can you identify what kind of spell was used. We need to know to help them wake up. This is the most extreme injuries I have ever seen or rather sensed."

Athena who was thoughtful and quiet spoke " It may sound impossible but its a spell that a Ronas can perform. No one else. You are right to be worried. We have work to do. I think I know how to heal them. Let's join hands."