8. Welcome to Valera

Athena's POV

As the flashes of white light disappeared I started to take in the scenery. We had landed on the beach. The ocean was beautiful. The trees were calling to us to run through them and build homes for all. the mountains looked also welcoming.

Helena and Mariana were the first ones to break away the hold. I hadn't noticed that we were still holding hands. Helena looked at the long distinct route that was cutting into the trees from where we were standing and smiled ;" building our base would be much easier than I anticipated in Valera. Who needs cabins when you can build castles?On this type of soil only you would get high durability trees." And Mariana continued; " which of course means we would finish making our main base till lunch time. We can build 7 towers surrounding the castle we are intending to build."

Tattiana sprinted to the trail and shouted; "then what are you waiting for. Lets find the right spot. Somewhere close to both the mountains and the woods. And we all closed our eyes and followed Tattiana.

Our survival instincts would have lead us to the right spot. There was no need to look. I could feel that the perfect spot wasn't far away. In fact within minutes, I felt the pull to the ground. I stopped and opened my eyes. my other 6 fellow healers also were standing and looking at the view with admiration. There it was our spot and indeed when I opened my eyes I was mesmerised. Th trees sparkled with magical leaves and fruits. The beautiful ravens were everywhere watching us and singing as though welcoming us. But we all knew our arrival here was no ordinary occasion. We were on the run.

So I hated what I had to do next. It was never the nicest feeling to interrupt any healer when they had peaceful moments. "All right, it's time to start. First things first. Lets build the security system first. The concealing curse should be enough but a 2nd layer of shield is needed too. So lets hold hands." As I finished the sentence, the circle was made. This was it. Our defiance to Dante's rules started this very minute when we closed our eyes and whispered some of the most ancient and heavily guarded spells. Now that the island was concealed we could get started on construction.

It was indeed lunch time when our castle was finished and the 7 towers were built around it. Helena and Mariana should have been real proud. They planned the base and gave each one of us one tower to build and decorate with our own choices. Alexandra kept saying that mine was more beautiful but for me nothing mattered but the security. If we were ever to be found before we were a fully formed clan, we were all doomed.

Elena quickly created the dining arrangements and summoned fish from the ocean for us to eat. it was needless to say that the fish were fried and served on leaves right in front of us within seconds with her usual jinxes. I sighed. I really prefered human cooking. I even had set up my own kitchen in my tower. I did not like magically prepared feasts. They never tasted the same.

After lunch we all separated and spent hours collecting supplies and exploring the magical sources. There were plenty of magical stones and multipurpose leaves. We needed to fill the storage rooms in the towers we were in charge of with as much supplies as possible. From tomorrow, me and Tattiana would be bringing warlocks and witches who would refuse Dante's rule. It was expected for most clans to surrounder with no questions asked even before Dante got in touch with them, many will hear of his brutality to the Quebec vampires.

In fact, Canadian clans were already giving up. Helena's sources in north Canada sent her hourly reports almost about the situation. The messenger was her distant cousin Nora. so as a blood relative, she still could link to her without knowing where she was. Little did these Canadians knew about Dante's plans. Dante was not looking for alliance. He wanted to rule. Any one making peace with Dante would be condemned to a lifetime of servitude. I felt his hearts deepest colours. He was ruthless. What I felt when he touched me convinced me to flee, otherwise i had work to do in that forest. There were many secrets still waiting to be unlocked. And it was now too risky to go back there.