144. Her Nightmare Ronas

Octavian was giving Alexander his most deadly stare as he was examining his blood match laying motionless on a bed. He thought he could handle watching a healer check up on his unconscious beloved when he had brought her to his new chambers at the castle of spears but he was wrong.

As Alexander was holding Arethusa's hand trying to examine her condition, Octavian growled " Thats it. You have had enough time examining her. Now heal her."

Alexander let go of Arethusa and stood up. He walked to his equipment spheres. He took out some needles and fluids. He walked to Arethusa. As Alexander was lifting Arethusa's sleeve to inject her, Octavian grabbed his wrist " If you hurt her, I am going to slaughter you."

Alexander looked up calmly at Octavian and spoke " Look. I know what I am doing. Where does your lack of trust in me comes from? I get it that Arethusa is your blood match but she is not the first ever witch I have treated for such extensive injuries. The good news is that her body is doing the healing really fast. Much faster than any seventeen year old witch I have ever treated. She only needs a small trigger to wake up. But the bad news is this formidable witch has a blood match who has tried to strangle me for the past half an hour whenever I tried to touch her to examine her. Octavian, just trust me. I am a commander for a reason. My loyalty and skill is proven. Now let me do my job and don't interrupt me."

Octavian did not like his tone at all. He took a deep breath to calm himself to no avail. He gritted his teeth " You have 1 minute to do your job and get the hell out of here or I will show you why I am a knight and you are a commander. Clock is ticking Alexander."

Alexander sighed " He was way past that phase in his life that he let threats bother him. However he knew of the threat Octavian posed. Everyone was aware that Octavian was special. He didn't want to test Octavian at all. So he injected some energetic fluids to Arethusa and packed away.

As Alexander was leaving Octavian spoke " Your sister, Alexandra saved my blood match from another hit by a force sphere. I owe her one. So when I get my hands on her I will torment her for a shorter time that I plan to do the other members of that healer coven who endangered my blood match this way."

Alexander shrugged " I guess I should say thank you. Suffering some real pain at your hands can teach Alexandra a lesson. She knew what she was doing when she ran away. She deserves whatever horror she suffers when she is captured finally one day."

Octavian spoke " That day is coming very soon. Don't doubt it. I would enjoy making every member of that cursed healer coven scream."

Alexander nodded and disappeared from the room without saying another word. As Octavian watched him leave he turned to his beloved. His expression softened. He walked to her bed and towered over her figure as he was standing and watching his beloved in a peaceful state. She was seemingly asleep but the change in her heart rate was telling Octavian she was gaining consciousness fast. He then thought to himself " Alexander knows what he is doing I guess." Then he noticed movement in Arethusa's body. Her hands turned twitched and her eye lids moved. Then suddenly the most beautiful pair of eyes he had ever seen started blinking and looking right at him.

Arethusa couldn't tell what had happened. The last thing she remembered was Dante Ronas shouting orders to his commanders to block all teleportation portals at the border and search everywhere for the fugitives. She remembered gentle but strong arms holding her bridal style and carrying her to a bed. That was when she had blanked out. Now here she was opening her eyes to a pair of familiar and mesmerising eyes which she liked to stare into for some reason but at the same time she felt sick. Those eyes held coldness that also brought chills to her bones. She had seen images of him before. He knew who he was but meeting him in person was a different experience. The aura of Octavian staring at her so lovingly and silently made her restless. She had to get away from him. He was dangerous. She had no doubt. Some part of her was also pushing her to stay where she was. But her fighter genes kicked in and she conjured a force sphere and threw it at Octavian. But Octavian .... deflected it and his eyes turned to a shade of turquoise. He roared " You dare strike me? Do you know what I do to those who raise their hand on me?"