109. His Damning Discoveries

Dante was sitting behind his desk and drinking a bottle of elderflower whiskey. He glimpsed at the motionless form of his brother who was sitting in the other corner of his office far away from him " what's the matter Demetrious? You have gone awfully quiet. Come over and have some whiskey. It always helps to have a few drinks before a big battle. Makes the thrill of it more appealing. Don't you agree?"

Demetrious sighed and got up from his position and walked up to Dante's desk. He spoke " I am speechless at how you treated Zachary and Xanthos. It wasn't their fault to be captured by alpha Augustus. Did you have to terrorise them like that. You interrogated them quite harshly. Was that really necessary to scare the hell out of them? Both of them were shaking and were so pale looking by the end of it. I think they would have fainted too if you had kept them here any longer. They were going to tell you all they knew either way. So why did you have to issue them with such explicit threats to make them talk. I even felt like walking out of the room when you promised them some despeaksble violence if they held back any details of their account. They wouldn't have dared hide anything from you. I can't believe how much you enjoy watching other people's pain."

Dante rolled his eyes " How I treat my personnel is no concern of yours. Those two are the top graduates of the academy in Arkansas. They were tough enough to handle my interrogation without collapsing down. Zachary, impresses me to no end. I guess Athena's analysis of him was right. I am so glad i spared him that day. His powers as a protector wizard are really maturing fast. He managed to get Xanthos and himself out of Alpha Augustus's hide out with one spell. He is clueless about his powers. He doesn't even know how he had cast that spell. I can't wait to catch his father too. Maybe his father getting captured can give Zachary more motivation and his powers may mature faster. And Xanthos is a special one too. Xanthos's loyalty and power impresses me to no end. Did you see the images he conjured from his encounter with Alpha Augustus? He had asked for a duel to death. I was impressed how he was wiling to defend his honour with dignity. Now don't question me on how I interrogated the two junior commanders. They had some valuable knowledge for us. Now we know Alpha Donavan, Alpha Augustus, Xander and even the coven have connections in the same region. If we attack the sacred river now, maybe we can catch some of those fugitives. If not, then we will catch them elsewhere. Even maybe in Alaska."

Demetrious spoke " You are unbelievable. I can't understand ....."

Dante's tone suddenly became more serious " Stop right there. I don't wish to hear any more. Now. I want to issue you with a few warnings. You are my brother so you can get your views known to me behind closed doors. But don't forget that you are my prosecutor knight too. I could still discipline you if I felt you were too empathic for your job. I could speed up the process of kicking the empathy out of you by making you do some acts that would traumatise you for weeks in the dungeons. So if you are wise enough you would keep your empathic opinions to yourself. As for questioning Xanthos and Zachary in such harsh way..... Well I am surprised why you didnt see the point of me terrorising them. I wanted to get every last bit of information out of them. The sacred river harbours many secrets and also many people on my wanted list are active in that region. Firstly i needed to ensure that they hadn't come across Athena at all. No one is allowed to love her or hurt her but me. No one. She is all mine and right now she is consorting with my enemies at that damned sacred river." As Dante finished his sentence, his eyes turned silver and he conjured a force sphere. He stood up and walked around the desk. He stood behind Demetrious and spoke menacingly " I hate traitors Demetrious. I really despise them with all my heart. Turn around right now. Look me in the eye and tell me you haven't had contact with enemies of Arkansas ever since you let my blood match slip away and I bashed you up. Come on. Turn around and face me. I can feel some waves of deceit from you right now and it's bothering me."