114. Crushed Hopes

When Athena opened her eyes, she was confused and had a bad headache. Her eyes were just adjusting to the light of the room she was in. She was still not conscious enough to speak but she was clearly aware of her surroundings. She was laying in a soft bed while her coven, Damian, Donavan, Xander, Sabrina and even Alpha Augustus were towering over her and arguing fiercely. They were so deep in argument that they hadn't noticed her showing signs of movement and waking up.

Alpha Augustus was rageful beyond comprehension " Do you have any idea what this means for my pack? Dante's blood match is hurt on my territory. Do you know that there will be a prize on the head of every member of my pack if she doesn't heal? I don't believe your poor excuses. Somebody tell me how come she is totally knocked out. Somebody must have struck her. No one just collapses."

Xander was sounding unsure and nervous " Alpha. I swear to you what we are telling you is the truth. She just collapsed as your .... Son vanished into thin air."

Alpha Augustus roared " Firstly my son has not vanished. I am sure he is on this territory. No one can break my seals without my command. Your soldiers will find Octavian and will bring him to me soon. I am sure of it. Secondly I feel that you are just hiding the truth. Just give me a name. Who struck her and the rest of you will be immune from Dante Ronas when you confront him. So many don't have to suffer for the fault of one."

Donavan sounded impatient " You are making a big deal out of nothing here. Can you calm down and then tell us why you are sounding as though you fear Dante Ronas suddenly. You are his enemy. Why are you so suddenly dead set on surrendering the non-existent attacker of Athena? I thought you hated the Ronas. If Dante's blood match is hurt why do you care?"

Alpha Augustus sighed " This is not nothing here Donavan. This woman is Athena. In a few hours time, I am supposed to give you up alongside Damian and the coven to Dante. How on earth can i explain that one is missing and better yet Dante's blood match is missing because She is knocked out cold in bed? I dont fear Dante. But i fear for my pack. My pack is strong and will fight but I am realistic enough to know that not all my pack members would survive an attack by Dante. We are outnumbered. Dante would burn my territory to the ground if he decides my pack had anything to do with Athena being unconscious. What if she never wakes up."

Alexandra spoke " You are over reacting. Athena is fine. She will wake up and we will leave your pack territory without trouble. Have no fear. She would wake up. She has seer blood. Sometimes she sees visions."

Alpha Augustus spoke in a mocking tone " This is serious. You call yourselves the healer coven. If you can't wake her up then who can. She is out cold no thanks to one of you. I am losing my patience now. Give me a name. Who did this to her?"

Athena suddenly gained full consciousness and took a deep breath. She waved her hands and emitted light spheres floating above her to get the attention of the room. As Alpha Augustus saw her waking up, he took a deep breath out of relief."

Donavan smirked " Took you long enough. Can you now tell us what happened. Tell Alpha Augustus that no body in this room had anything to do with you getting knocked out."

Athena sat up and looked around the room silently. She then sighed.

Aretha spoke " Is all well. What is the matter Athena. Why do you look so deep in thought."

Athena spoke " I wish I could put this in a much nicer way but everything got more complicated. It now has become harder to beat Dante now that Octavian has been found and he knows who he is."

Alpha Augustus was trying hard to hide the panic in his voice " What about my son? You mention Octavian's name and you can't expect me to keep silent. Explain what you mean."