156. First Attack

Vasile was looking at Archelous with amusement and trying hard to listen to how he was explaining his plan without laughing. Archelous was not pleased at all. He had spent the past few minutes explaining what was to be done and by the looks of it Vasile hadnt been listening. He lost patience and growled "Pay attention Vasile or I will forget our friendship and would teach you what I do to those who displease me."

Vasile's expression immidiately turned serious as he sensed the threat and became alarmed. He spoke as he took a deep breath "Alright. I am listening. No need to threaten me. I am just finding it hard to understand why you are helping your cousin's blood match that I know for a fact you despise with a passion. Also you are not doing this for your cousin either. Whatever happens to Demetrious is not your concern. You just want your house in Transylvania to be safe and be in your family's possession. Thats all you want. So tell me why did you agree to this?"

Archelous spoke "Because I get a kick out of exercising my power. Its a Ronas thing. We love battles."

Vasile spoke "Fair enough. But it is more than that. Isnt it? I tell you what I think. You look at this as an ego-busting opportunity. There is a chance to go against your cousin Dante. You couldnt say no to that. You have a large ego and so does he. It would make you satisfied to attack his castle and live to tell your tale. Right? Something that many of us cant do."

Archelous rolled his eyes "You got me. That is all it is. Now if you are done analysing me, its time to listen. I didnt summon you here to give me wise jokes. I summoned you since you will be insuring my life. Once we get out of my fathers hide out, we are in the open. We could be attacked. You must pay attention. We would set up a shielded area out next to marysia's waterfall. Then I would also set up a portal there. Your job would be to wait there and stand guard until I return from the castle with Demetrious and we will teleport away from there. As you know I cant teleport away directly to Bran castle from castle of spears since there is a risk that the enchantments in theat castle would follow me there and i dont know, may reveal to Dante what is the direct way to get in. Now the golden instruction for you is while you are standing guard, if you see any patrol guards or any soul, you kill them on sight. You dont injure them. You will kill them...."

Vasile rolled his eyes "I would get the job done but not in your way. You dont want any passer bys to bring more enforcers around and I would do everything in my power to stop them, ..... but in my way. Thats all you need to know. Now continue. But first tell me why we are the ones doing all the work? Why did you send Aretha and Athena to the castle as you summoned me here. If I had a say, I would have voted for them to remain with us and fight."

Archelous spoke "You dont get it. Do you? There is a high possibility that we will not return to that castle. I told you this is a risky mission and you still can go back if you want. In the event that we dont make it out of that castle, my sister would need protection when that castle is attacked by Octavian tomorrow. Since Arethusa is also there, I trust Athena and her sister to honour their word and protect that castle and anyone who is in it with all their power."

Vasile spoke "I dont buy it. You are so confident, you wont ever plan based on predicting falure. What are the real reasons?"

Archelous raised an eyebrow "But I do. This time is different. We are attacking the Castle of Spears. The success of this mission is based on luck. If Dante's guards are not up and he doesnt expect anyone attacking then it makes life easy otherwise, enjoy your last hours as a free man."

Vasile spoke "What do you mean? He wont catch me alive. I assure you. Now, should we go."

Archelous nodded and cast a spell and they both teleported away. They ended up right next to marysia's waterfall on a rocky path. Archelous spoke "Now go look around and guard me while I set up some descent shield up to protect us when we return. i also need to make a portal." he then cast a spell and started working. Clear blue shields surrounded him in form of a large cube. He then worked on making a portal. He turned to Vasile "This may take a while. Go walk around and eliminate any threats."