179. wizards clash

Athena was becoming weaker and weaker. She was breathing heavily as she was laying on the floor clutching her necklace. She couldnt move at all. Vasco was towering over her and so did Archelous.

Archelous was losing patience as he was throwing spell after spell at Athena who was on the floor staring at him holding her blue rose necklace. Vasco was at the other side of her trying to penetrate her mind with telepathy as Archelous was physically weakening her with his attacks.

Athena was slowly losing consciousness. The necklace protected her but she had to control it. She had to command it. So if she lost consciousness from exhaustion, she was at their mercy.

Dante whispered in her thoughts "You will never be at their mercy. I will protect you with my life. Just hold onto it and defend yourself but attack them too. Dont feel sorry for them. You healers are way too extreme..."

Archelous felt Dante's closeness and became alarmed "Time is running out."

Vasco seconds later opened his eyes and growled "Thats it.... Leave Archelous."

Archelous spoke "No. What do you mean?"

Vasco spoke "I said leave."

Archelous spoke "Now that we are close to getting something out of her, you want me to leave?"

Vasco looked at the lying form of Athena who was breathing heavily looking up at them. She had become weakened but still they hadnt been able to break through the necklace charms. He explained "Just leave. You are needed elsewhere."

Archelous frowned "Where exactly?"

Vasco sighed "Your own castle. Go and wait there. You will have company soon. I can feel Octavian making his way there. You must go. He may get Donavan out with whatever that werewolf blood of his allows him to do. Its time for defence and not offence. You dont know the danger if they capture Bran Castle. Leave. Demetrious may also show up there on his way to here. I can see it happening."

Archelous spoke " You know this all because.... How?"

Vasco sighed "Dont question my powers or I might give you a demonstration kid."

Archelous laughed bitterly "Dont call me kid. There is hardly a three year difference between us.... But .... I can send Vasile instead."

Vasco shook his head "No. The girls need her. Aurelia and Arwayne need his protection if and when Demetrious shows up. Also, once you neutralise Octavian in Transylvania, where do you think he would be headed next. Use your brain. Here. Right here. Now leave. Time is scarce. I cant have you here once he shows up. He can predict your Ronas moves but I have the element of surprise literally."

Archelous spoke "I am a Ronas and I can help you neutralise his Ronas spells."

Vasco spoke "Offence is a good defence in my case. I dont need to neutralise him. I need to hit him where it hurts."

Archelous spoke "Where would that be? Your psychic powers or your other spells didnt do much damage to Athena. Tell me exactly where you plan to hit Dante when you dont even know where his weakness is?"

Vasco spoke "Your smart remarks will get you a challenge with me one day. Dont risk it. You are too young to do it. I am holding myself back so much right now. Just because we have the same enemy does not mean you dont get on my nerves. When I tell you to leave, take my advice. Besides I have my elemental instincts that can guide me to survive when he attacks.

Archelous narrowed his eyes "You think I fear you? I have Ronas instincts of my own telling me exactly where to hit you where it hurts. "

Vasco spoke " Now stop trying to take me on. It wont end well. My elemental instincs do not like it. Listen, you should fear your dear cousin. I am doing you a favour sending you away, when he gets in here, who do you think he will strike first? You are a traitor to your own bloodline. If you want to risk getting captured when he gets here, then go on. If you want to risk Octavian taking over your father's castle then go on and stay."

Archelous spoke " We both know we got Athena here so we defeat Dante. He will not stop until he takes over my castle and yours. I would rather stay and torture her some more to get what we want. We are close to break in."

Vasco sighed "No we are not. I underestimated his... affection for her. This necklace does not have an ordinary spell. Its a spell based on Dante's love for Athena. That vision of blue Rose shows he loves her more than we thought. This is not an ordinary enemy we are facing. We need a more solid plan. We need time to plot another attack that is why its important you retain your castle and I retain mine. Under no circumstances you should allow Donavan out of your castle. Once he is out, your castle is gone. I know Octavian has the power to threaten your castle. His blood is a complex one. Just hold him up as long as you can and he may give up and would move here. He even doesnt know his own potential. Lucky for you, he is too young to comprehend what kind of power he is hiding. He is your match but with a twist. He has a werewolf gene you dont have. So be wary of him. Now leave. You have seconds left."

Archelous shook his head as he muttered "Summon me when things get clear. Is Octavian attacking within seconds?"

Vasco closed his eyes and made a shield around himself " No. You have seconds until ... Dante arrives here."

Athena was alarmed. They could feel his closeness. How?

Dante whispered to her "Dont stress my love. I know he is expecting me. He wont trap me. Once I come for you, I want you to do as I say. Do not try to be the hero. I will get you out of there and I would make that traitor Ronas regret his treachory. Throw him a spell as he leaves will you. From me."

Athena was just too weak to keep her eyes open. Hurting Archelous was the last thing on her mind. She just wanted to survive.

As Archelous left, Dante appeared.

A bright light filled the room as Vasco waved his hands.

Vasco smirked "Welcome to my home Dante Ronas."

Dante raised an eyebrow "Your home? Wow. Show me some Transylvanian hospitality. Drop that shield. That shield is a strong layer you have. I didnt expect that traitor to lend you a hand in making one. What did you promise him to help you? His parents' freedom perhaps? He never give sup does he. he must accept he is defeated.... Now... Get rid of that shield and fight like a man. No shields. Thats how I like it."

Vasco spoke "You think you can walk out of here alive if you have come here with no protection....? Do you? But I can feel it. You have it. You have the elemental dust specialty on you to protect you. How long do you think it would last? Who made it for you? .... Hm, your wisdom sorcerer. He is a precious one.. Isnt he. One day I will acquire him for myself.... So tell me what are you trying to achieve coming here on my land knowing you could die. That protection of yours wont last long..."

Dante smiled "Neither will yours." Once that shield drops, you and I will battle it out like men."

Vasco narrowed his eyes "You are not here for a fight with me. You are here for you woman."

Dante corrected "I am here for both."

Athena heard him in her mind "I will make you a ten second window. Jump through it, I want you gone before him and I go at it. Dont be stubborn."

Suddenly a portal opened right where Athena was. She looked at the portal and then back at Dante.

Dante was fuming. Athena was ignoring his instructions "Jump Athena. now. This is no time to be stubbon. I know you want no fight but sometimes fighting is the answer. Damn it woman I cant hold this guy long enough for you to escape again. I need to have this fight now. I need to get this out of the way now."

Athena was looking pleadingly at dante. She whispered "Please. We need to leave both of us...I cant wait for you at the other side knowing he is holding you up. I cant leave you here alone with him."

Dante knew he had two seconds to decide. Against his nature and all he knew and loved, Dante threw a sphere at Vasco and used the distraction and grabbed Athena jumping into the portal.

The next time Athena blinked she found herself laying on the same roof she was used to be with Dante before being taken away. She was laying on the floor as Dante held her in his arms whispering "Why? Why are you so stubborn?"