104. Unexpected Deep Troubles

The room was totally silent. Athena was not pleased about the visitors in the covens hide out. Those in the room totally understood that her frustrated aura was not because she was in any way hostile towards anyone. They knew she was fuming because safety of many could be at stake if the Ronas army could get inside. All those in the room had sensed that Athena had seen some danger in their situation. Athena was approachable but could be scary to some. So everyone was looking around the room waiting for someone to speak.

Donavan cleared his throat " Well, I think you must ask your sister about why his lordship is here. Aretha is his blood match and couldn't take a long distance relationship very well, So she summoned him. Terrible .mistake. I know. But its different when its come to Damian, well he is technically an ex-member of the Ronas palace. His name is on the wanted list now like the rest of us..... So lets get this straight that I did nothing wrong by .... Inviting Damian and his gang, the southern rangers to stay with us. They are in the basement though. You don't need to worry."

Damian winked " Nice to see you ma'am. I am a big fan of yours, Athena. My heartless cousin is lucky to have a blood match as powerful as you."

Athena spoke in an annoyed tone " Great to meet you too. Its no secret. i dont trust you unless you prove to me that you dont share the same values as Dante. I am afraid I need proof. No offense."

Damian nodded " None taken."

Athena then gave Donavan a death glare and spoke " Donavan, Would you like to repeat what you said about our basement? I don't think I heard that right. Please tell me you were kidding."

Donavan shook his head as though saying no silently."

Athena spoke with disbelief " Are you insane? Did i hear that right?You have brought the southern rangers in here too? Don't you realise that you have put those rangers in danger by inviting them in. Dante would be attacking us very soon. We are on borrowed time. Dante would hurt them badly if he finds them in here with us. You have to make them leave and get away from here. We are marked targets for Dante."

Demetrious spoke " Nah. You are concerned for no reason. You see, Dante has changed his plans now that I ruined the element of surprise for him to attack you guys. He is capturing rebels first at the moment. I assure you that He is going to attack you last but its open season on other healers. He is hunting them down one by one until only your coven are left and ...."

Athena sounded irritated " Hold on Demetrious. Lets discuss how you managed to get here first. I guess there is nothing I can do about what Donavan does about inviting rebels in when he knows full well they would be sentenced to death by consorting with us. All alphas are reckless and take unnecessary risks... But in your case what was Aretha thinking when she summoned you ..."

Donavan growled " What? Come on Athena. I am not reckless. I just helped shelter some rebels that the rangers had rescued. Well it's not like I could just turn away the rangers when they delivered the run away rebels to our door step. That's disrespectful not to tend to guests. We are Alaskans." He then winked.

Athena was now giving Donavan a look that said " You are so dead."

It was Aretha's turn to protest " Well, Athena you are making a big deal out of nothing. We need more recruits to help us and here they are. It's not like any one is under age amongst them. They all know what could fall upon them when they go up against your blood match. We all know the consequences. Also tell us what's really the problem with Damian and Demetrious being here? Your waves of distress and anger is too overwhelming this time. What is so bad about this situation."

Athena closed her eyes for a few moments and shook her head. Then when she opened her eyes, everyone in the room was affected by how pained Athena looked " You dont know Dante's extent of powers. Do you have any idea how easy it would be for Dante to succeed in destroying our hide out now that two of his blood relatives are here? There are spells that the Ronas can do relating to those with blood connections to them. He could easily get in now. He has the jewel of illusion and can locate us but getting into the hide out takes a while unless his blood relatives are inside which is the case now. Our resistance has just suffered a major blow ...."