133. Dark Clouds

Athena was waiting for a response from Dante. They were still sitting at the breakfast table and Dante was taking his time to respond about Athena's request of letting Donavan out of his cell. Dante was slowly eating his poached egg and having a mischievous expression on his face. To frustrate Athena, he even poured himself some honey drink and as he began to sip his drink, Athena lost patience and made his cup disappear.

Athena spoke firmly " Thats it Dante. Answer me now. You promised you would give Donavan to his family for a conversion program if I told you about Arethusa. I complied. Now it's your turn."

Dante shook his head " You shouldn't have done that. Next time dont touch my drinks. I make them myself. This honey drink you wasted, is from a rare flower held in my weapon room. Its thorns are enchanted and can be deadly. But its honey drink is heavenly. Now my love you are fueling my jealousy by keep mentioning his name. The lover boy would be released..... One day. I said I would release him but I didn't say when. Did I?."

Athena was fuming " Dante, I am telling you this once. Release him today or face the consequences?"

Dante narrowed his eyes " Are you threatening me? I hold your loved ones remember."

Athena stood up and walked to Dante across the table while Dante was looking at her suspiciously "I am threatening you. By the way don't throw that threat at me. We both know you would never make me grieve my loved ones over something like this. You have them as a safety net to persuade me to not refuse your touch and not leave you. But this issue is different. This is about honouring your word. We had a deal. Now if you don't do as you promised, I would take away something that would damage your chances of ever getting to know your family's history and who knows maybe your chances of finding that object that you seek so much that's being guarded by the ancient society would be dashed too."

Dante stood up and faced Athena. " Are you sure you want to risk my wrath my love? This all depends on how much you trust my temper. If I lose control nothing can stop me. Don't underestimate what I am capable of. I don't really have limits and I don't have patience. I also don't tolerate disrespect from my blood match. You dare threaten me? Now tell me. How are you going to carry out this threat. How will you ruin my chances of knowing about the past."

Athena spoke simply " I would destroy this blue rose diamond necklace that you gave me."

Dante started laughing and then spoke in mocking tone " No way. Why .... you can't." He then spoke seriously "Go ahead. A bunch of rocks are meaningless to me. That necklace is nothing special. I don't care if you destroy it. I will get another jewel for you that has that possessive blue rose symbol on it."

Athena spoke " You don't feel the enchantment within this necklace because it is not meant for you. This necklace used to belong to your ancestor Uzzia who was Ronas's blood match. It was given to her as a gift. This is an enchanted necklace was made by the Great sorceress Marisya. This is Uzzia's necklace and has many of her memories that she wanted to keep attached to it. This necklace can only be used by me and of course Uzzia."

Dante spoke " It makes no sense. I have heard of memory necklaces but they can only be used by the person that the necklace is made for."

Athena explained " To cut the story short. Great sorceress Marisya was a seer. She knew this necklace would one day fall into the hand of her own descendent, which is me. So she enchanted it and gave it to Uzzia. Well lets say this is one special memory necklace that has two owners."

Dante spoke with irritation " This is outrageous. Your great ancestor was a twisted woman. She planned to steal my ancestors memories."

Athena sounded offended " What? It was not like that. This is more complicated than you think. The memories are well hidden. Only the knowledge that I really wish to see are revealed to me when i try to unlock its powers. For instance i want to know nothing about her life thats too personal and the necklace does not reveal those memories to me. You cant judge my ancestor like that. The memories she has attached are quite related to enchantments and magic that have impressed her. Basically i can only see memories where its related to something that i have in common with her."