33. His Violet Eyes

Gloria was at Flora's residence sitting down on the bed in one of the guest chambers connected to her personal room. She was trying to distract herself somehow but all she could do was read. There were a few books left around but most of them were Ronas era books that preached hate for humans and the weak mythical creatures. She opened one of the few books that were about ancient witchcraft. It was written in an old, extinct language but it was better than the Ronas hateful books.

It had been less than three hours now since Edwin had rescued her from the hell hole she was trapped in. She had cried non stop as she was being rescued. She couldnt believe a Ronas commander would ever risk their rank and their life in the way that Edwin had done. Gabriel, her brother was wrong about Edwin after all. Now she was at least safely kept away from those horrific dark cells and locked up somewhere more comfortable. But she wasn't sure if her host was going to let her live for long. When Edwin had brought her to Flora's mansion, she had just glared at her with murder in her eyes. Edwin had assured Gloria that everything was going to be fine and she had to stay here hidden until he could find a way to get her and Gabriel out of Arkansas. Apparently Gloria's brother was locked away in a much more highly classified part of the dungeons that even Edwin couldn't locate and access. She was lucky her case was still at the investigation stage and she was locked in interrogation rooms, otherwise there was no telling when or if Edwin could ever find her. She was grateful to Edwin and hoping he would not get captured and charged for this crime. She didn't want to let tears spill from her eyes any more so she just tried to occupy herself with the books to distract herself from her real pains and worries. There was nothing more she could do now but wait.

As she was trying to pass the time, suddenly Gloria was stunned to see a young man opening her door. He was breath taking in every way. "Hi. I am Arthur. I am sorry to just walk in but lonliness has made me desperate. I have hardly anything to do in my room. I would do anything if I get the chance to talk to anyone. Please dont complain to Flora."

Arthur was a handsome and attractive young man. His violet eyes had given him irressitable and charming looks. His clothes were also quite valuable looking even though he was human and his kind were not allowed anything but simple plain black cotton wear. The black and red jumper with his carefully designed black sparkly trousers really suited him. His jumper even had diamonds on it making him even looking more stunning. Gloria had never seen anyone as beautiful. she suddenly found her voice; "Of course it is ok. I am Gloria. Please take a seat. But I thought Flora said I am not allowed to see you. I was told I am not to leave this chamber and if I ever see you accidentally I must look away immediately and keep silent. what if she takes this as a sign of your defiance."

Arthur shook his head "Thats Flora being too possessive of me. If she finds out and gets angry, I would take the blame. She never punishes me too painfully. Not in the ways you might think. But, again there is nothing I wouldnt endure for a chance to speak to the outside world. My only point of contact with the outside are the tinted windows in my room that I am not even allowed to open. Same as yours. I am not afraid of pain. You see today I am too lonely to care about the consequences of my actions. Besides you are a guest here protected by a Ronas commander's menacing shadow. She wouldnt dare touch you. Trust me. So I am so happy to at last be able to talk to someone and without having to fear for their life. Also, To be exact, Flora ordered you not to come close to me. But she never warned me not to come to you. So we are covered I guess. That is unless she is beyond furious because of something happening at work. Then in that case.... we would be both done for. She has a really short temper and is extremely possessive. But I guess you know that already. All commanders are like that. But your guy maybe better than Flora in some ways. You should have heard him defending you. Your guy really made terrifying threats about keeping you safe. He has contacts in high places. He said if Flora puts you in harms way he would contact you know, his best friend, the masters brother. it seems that if he talks to Demetrious, he can get her a heavy sentence with false accusations but that only would happen if you are touched in any way." A hint of smile came on his handsome face. It made his beauty even stand out more.