31. Come To Me Love (part 2)

Athena was sitting down looking at her opponent warily waiting for his next move. She had never duelled with anyone this powerful. Donavan used to be her practice partner and was the only person who could put up a fight against her. But Donavan or any opponent she had ever encountered were no match for this invincible warlock standing in front of her.

Dante's powers had indeed grown vastly ever since she had healed him in her cabin. Every time he had attacked her, she had to use up a lot of energy to fight to stay safe. Her body was now starting to hurt from exhaustion. There was just too much force behind each one of Dante's spells.

Athena was starting to prepare herself for a possible defeat. She was tired and had no plan to beat Dante. Even with her expertise in self defence Athena was running out of ideas on how to counter act. Athena suddenly realised that defeating these spells with greater force needed offensive spells rather than defensive ones. But that wasn't her expertise. Mastery of such art needed practice on live targets and she refused to injure others for the purpose of educating herself.

Dante was staring back at Athena with admiration and annoyance. Athena was still conscious even though what Dante had thrown at her each time, would have killed an average witch or warlock. Dante was hoping she would give up now. It was hard for him to attack her but she had left him no choice. He never backed down when he was challenged. She had attacked him with a force field. She had to surrender if she wanted the attacks to stop. But she wasn't the type to give up.

Athena was in a completely different league compared to all others Dante had ever encountered. She was the one who would look him in the eye and not tremble. She was the one who refused to kneel to his demands and did not radiate any fears upon facing the consequences that followed on. The sight of her looking pale and exhausted angered Dante. Why was she being so stubborn. All she had to do was to show some submissive side and he was going to let her offensive act from earlier on to slide.

When Athena had defied him by pushing him away, Dante's fury was beyond comprehension. He was Dante Ronas. No one dared to even look him in the eye without being granted permission to do so. No one dared to raise their hand on him. Not even his parents. well Demetrious was the exception since he didnt fear death. He resisted him at times and challenged him but then he was spared from the horrific spells he reserved for those who defied him. Dante may have been a cold hearted merciless leader but he couldn't bring himself to kill his own brother. That was as empathic as he could get. Only his own blood was immune from his full force wrath and of course his blood call entitlement, Athena.

He decided to break the silence first "Have you learned your lesson my love? I must warn you that refusing to admit your love to me or refusing my touch could always bring this side of me out in the open. But now, I am satisfied to an extent since you have seen, how deadly it could be to push me and test me even in the slightest way. Now tell me love are you ready to admit defeat. Tell me you are remorseful for pushing me away. Tell me you are mine and would never defy my touch again. Then I might consider forgiving you and stop. Only the obedient words coming out of your sweet lips can calm me down love. Just say you are my possession and all is forgotten." Dante was looking at Athena warily. Athena looked ready to repel him again. Her strength for holding up her shield was gone but that was not her only weapon.

Athena spoke as she was breathing heavily now ; " well. I don't regret pushing you away. You don't force kisses on people you have just met. And As for admitting to you that I belong to you, well I think you already know the answer. I was always yours. Ever since I was born and our parents could sense a power connection between us I became cursed with your name hovering around me. I always knew you would one day find me and I kept my distance as much as I could from the male population. so in theory, I am all yours." She eyed Dante who was looking furious. She was bracing herself for an attack any minute now.