39. One Can Hope

Arthur was feeling crushed in Floras embrace as she had cut short her duties to come visit him. Flora had him pinned to the bed and was drowning him in kisses. Flora groaned " Arthur. I am warning you. Don't close your eyes when I am here with you. Don't you dare disobey me today. As Arthur opened his eyes, Flora attacked his lips in a crushing kiss again. He did not want to anger her. But he had no idea how to ask her what had brought out this possessive side of her in the middle of the day. He didn't know how to get out of her grip in the first place to ask her. But it seemed like Flora was in the talking mood and luck was on his side as she finally detached herself. Arthur looked at her with questioning eyes as he was panting heavily.

Flora slowly got up and conjured a cup of wild berry herbal tea and sat down on a chair opposite Arthur. He didn't dare move an inch. She was known for her short temper and the slightest sign he was keeping away or moving further away could set her off. So Arthur tried to keep her content by remaining layed down and holding her stare.

Floras eyes softened as she saw Arthur looking at her "Oh, you are beautiful. I wish I could fasten the process and help turn you into a werewolf myself this instant. But, no it had to be complicated. You see sweetheart, I just come from seeing Marcus. He is a part werewolf head enforcer and the best candidate besides Dylan to turn you. I asked him if a human has ever been turned by him. He said yes. But he said when he turned a human, it was a painful process. i could never put you through that much pain, Arthur." Flora sighed, got up and placed her cup of tea over the side table and sat on the edge of the bed next to Arthur.

Flora was looking at Arthur with concern in her eyes. if she had not tormented his beloved or threatened his parents, maybe he would have been trying harder to warm up to her. Too bad, she had shown Arthur too much of her brutal side. Now it would have taken Arthur years to bond with her in ways Flora wanted.

Flora gently cupped Arthur's cheek in one hand and looked in to his eyes and smiled. She spoke with sadness; " Well we have to wait a bit longer it seems. Marcus said, Dylan can turn humans in a less painful way because for some reason younger and fitter wolves can do it in a much more painless way. So, sweetheart, the chances of a smoother transition with asking Dylan would force us to wait longer. When he gets back I will find a way to ask him. Maybe I will try to make a trade with him. There are lots of tracker fighters in my division that he has been hoping to get his hand on to strengthen his army division. Also once the captives are beought, you never know I may help him to exchange captives on his conversion program with mine. I am pretty sure if Donavan is captured, he would be sent to my base for supervision first. If I refuse, then the werewolves would get him. That's the way it is. There is a shortage of werewolves in my division, I would get priority. So don't stress my love, I will convince him somehow to help you turn and then we can get married and live out in the open." Flora got up and walked up to the tinted windows.

She sighed in frustration " Uh, I have even picked my bridal gown and brides maids. I have even picked our wedding venue. We would get married next to the Marisya's Waterfall in central territory to honour your home land. I think I forgot to tell you. Central territory is now ruled by Arkansas. They have to abide by Ronas protocols. Their authorities report to us. Our enforcers control all the top bases there now. So you never know, we might even be able to invite your parents as servants who would help with the arrangements of course. We cant let them in as guests. They are part of the group of human whom are helping in the palace kitchens. They were brought her yesterday with a group of central territory soldiers joining our enforcer training program hoping to one day serve their land. I feel I should grant you this to see them at our wedding for the last time to remind you of your past that is now behind you sweetheart. What do you think of this my love?"

Arthur was now looking too shocked to speak. He couldn't believe the information she had delivered. All this time, his biggest ray of hope in his darkest hours were seeing his parents happy and healthy one day but now it seemed like all hope was lost. They were brought to this hell. Maybe Gloria was right. He had to try and endure all this until he found some kind of rank or significance that could allow him privileges and powers to move his parents to somewhere safer.

It took Arthur all his self restraint to force himself to smile. " Anything that pleases you Flora, makes me happy. I live to make you content and satisfied in every way in life."

Floras eyes sparkled as Arthur said this. Before Arthur could prepare himself, she jumped on him and their kissing session continued as he was pinned to the bed again beneath Flora. But, this time Flora was much gentler and was not squeezing Arthur's arms as painfully as she was before, The kisses were almost soft and caring.

Only if Arthur could try to get along with her for longer, there could be hope for his parents to find life much comfortable elsewhere if only.

Flora suddenly froze and pulled away. Arthur's eyes widened. What had he done? Had he displeased her? She never pulled away in the middle of their make out sessions. Ever.

Flora looked at Arthur's eyes with a frown " Damn Alexander and his timing for issuing meeting reminders that shouldnt be there in the first place. Uh. He told us we have to meet tonight. But of course he changes the schedule to suit him. Typical Alexander. I bet he wants to stay his night comfortably in the dungeons interrogating the new captives. Uh, I can't refuse. We are in war mode. So any meeting is treated as an emergency. I would see you at night time my love. If I was late, have your supper but don't open the desert sphere. I may bring some wild berry freshly made cake for us to have with the post meal tea. Trust me they are delicious. There is a new bakery opened that has all traditional Arkansan products with recipes from the ancient times. It would be worth the wait. I promise sweetheart." Flora kissed Arthur's forehead and got up from the bed and closed her eyes and left Arthur in his thoughts.