4. The Old Friends

Athena's POV

I was laying on my bed thinking about the choices I had in front of me. Right now Dante was next door summoning his commanders from his Arkansan clan. He had decided to spend the whole night planning attacks and invasions on the mythical territories. There were 5 key territories in the whole of united states; Northern, Southern, eastern, western and central. The Alaskans were part of the northern territories. Alaska also happened to be the only place where you could find a mixture of mythical beings living peacefully in one clan. Alaska was unique and valuable. Dante knew that so his first stop was going to be the North. I had to save them but couldnt do it alone.

Now it was the time to act and for me to hold my own meeting. I concealed my room with the penetration curses I had learnt from my forest years to make sure no one could hear me or sense what I was upto. Well Dante could if he tried hard enough but he was too busy planning his massive take over.

I sat down on the floor and spread the multipurpose jinxing leaves I had carefully picked days before. Well it wasn't my first time using my conjuring pack. I used it to connect to the elders all the time. But tonight I was not calling the elders, no, they were powerless to stop Dante. I had no choice, I had to revisit my past. So hear it went.

I closed my eyes and let my spells flow into the small spaces above the leaves. What was happening why couldn't they appear instantly. Lets try again, this time I used more force. It was an summoning rather than an invitation. Within seconds red hooded figures that I hadn't seen in 5 years appeared. All 6 of them; Alexandra, Mariana, Tatiana, Elena, Helena and Eliza.

"Welcome, my fellow healers I guess I have some explaining to do for my long absence"

All were listening intently but Eliza as usual spoke her mind "Yes you do, where have you been? You gave us your word you will become a full time member of our society once you finish your training. You were 14 then when you won the top prize in our annual challenge that no one dares to undertake no more. We looked all over for you. Your elders refused to disclose your location. This meeting must be about you joining us or it is adjourned".

Elena must have picked up on my sad expression. So she came to my defence. "Eliza, let Athena speak. Our society is unique as we have no leader. We are a team, and we listen and act to make each other stronger, so lets listen and find out why we are being summoned when all territories are on red alert".

Alexandra followed too; " yes Athena, why did you summon us when you could teleport to us any time. I know we relocate on a monthly basis but you are one of us. You could locate us with your eyes closed".

Mariana jumped in with her suspicious mind; "so is it good news or bad news. Are you joining us or leaving us?"

Tatiana was the wisest tonight it seemed like; "girls I know you are excited to see her, let her speak. Try to understand us Athena, We all were overwhelmed with disbelief to see you inviting us to a point that we thought it was a trap. this is red alert time. This is the riskiest time to teleport. You should know that. There are rumours, Dante is alive. The werewolves in the west coast have one spy in Arkansas and they spread the news. He is back. We have to relocate on weekly basis if not daily basis to avoid capture. We can't become his prized possessions".

Elena was not happy i guess. She objected " you see we are on borrowed time so tell us are you joining us or this is about something else because Dante is on our trail. You know his code " capture the weak ones for labour And collect the powerful ones for knowledge and alliance". He would love to add us to his army or rather "his collection of undestructible army". His army have been sending trackers everywhere to find him and along the way they managed to collect some more warlock fighters to give him as arrival present now I guess".

Ok it was my turn to talk now. here it goes "I am sorry to have summoned you at this red alert time but that alert never reached me. Because this is a different continent. This is Australia. I have been in the magical forest to study additional spells which would come in handy for our task that you are about to hear from me tonight. To answer your question Elena, I am joining this society but the circumstances would cancel all celebrations. This meeting is indeed about Dante, more specifically about his conquest and our obligations as healers".

All gasped when I mentioned my last sentence. Tatiana was the only one who wasn't in too much shock so she spoke; " have you lost your mind Athena, we don't stand a chance. He has an army. We are healers not fighters. There is a limit to our powers which we use for self defence and healing. Going against Dante is suicide. There are only 7 of us now".

I could see the others nodding. I sighed. "You didn't even hear my plan. I need you to listen carefully. We have to use this chance to talk through this. This is the safest place I know. I have spent the last 3 years securing these walls with secrecy and protective spells. No one will hear us or locate us here. It is perfectly safe for you to patiently sit down and listen to my plan that could last us at least for another year hidden from Dante."

Alexandra found her voice and whispered; "how can you be so sure we won't be located by Dante this very minute. He is powerful. You don't understand Athena. A lot has happened since you left. They have captured alot of warlocks and werewolves. Do you know what happened to the vampires in Quebec who captured Dante. They are all dead. All of them. Dante now has no one to take revenge on because his army did it for him. Now he has vowed to either kill or capture all mythical creatures. They either swear allegiance to him or die. And there is a big prize on our heads. If any of his goons Takes one of us to Dante, the damage would be unimaginable. So leave with us and we can talk on the move".

I think I will regret telling the truth but I had to tell them so I sighed and said : " I am sure we are safe here because Dante is next door and so far he is not knocking to come in. The vibe I have set to be emitted from my chamber is me sleeping. And he told me he won't wake me up before dawn because I need my strength."

The look on the faces of the 6 young ladies in the room was price less. Their expressions were a mixture of horror, disbelief and fear. I was thinking of giving them some remedies to calm them down. I was deciding in my mind to give them a cocktail made of enchanted juices or mythical chewy vine leaves. Which one calms the nerves better. And that is when Alexandra fainted. So I will give them abit of both.