117. Turmoil & Conflict

Octavian was stiffly leaning to the wall looking over at the beautiful sight in front of him. He was standing in the back balcony of the Ronas Palace which opened into the gardens where every enchanted plant species could be found. There was also a lake that contained many marine creatures which were mainly glowing fish.

Ever since yesterday Octavian's life had changed dramatically. He has assisted Dante in attacking his father's pack. He had helped the capture of his fathers pack members. But he felt no regrets at all. He felt at home with the Ronas army. After all members of his father's pack were captured, they were all brought to Arkansas and were now locked up in a special unit outside the dungeons. His father was also amongst them.

Dante had brought them over to Arkansas to show his power. He had planned to grant the pack amnesty during his commemorations in honour of his long lost cousin that happened to be Octavian. There was a price to pay of course. Octavian was to move to live in Arkansas and reside in Ronas palace if he wanted his father to he allowed to have a pack around sacred river. Alpha Augustus was to remain as an alpha but having to enforce Ronas protocols and answer to Dante but having more independence compared to others residing at the central territory and sacred river. But the worst blow was alpha Augustus having to give up all Arkansan members of his pack and also Octavian to Dante.

" What are you thinking about Octavian" Demetrious stepped into the balcony and smiled at his distant cousin.

Octavian turned his gaze to Demetrious without moving from his spot " I am thinking about my messed up life, Demetrious. I hate feeling like this."

Demetrious frowned " What's the matter? I don't mean to be forward but I think you have it easy. You are lucky. Your father is even luckier. Trust me. If anyone else had your fathers track record in opposing Arkansan values, Dante was going to execute them alongside their family. He usually makes examples of leaders of rebellions to scare off their followers and make them convert to his ideals and principles. If you weren't a Ronas, your father was going to be awaiting his death rather than anticipating a simple ceremony to swear allegiance to Dante. After that all he has to do is change his rules in his pack to Ronas protocols and report to Dante on weekly basis. Then he would be left in peace. That's all. Dante would leave your father be."

Octavian laughed bitterly " I know all that. I am aware that my father is fortunate. But my frustration comes from the way my father looks at me. I went to see him this morning. He was so disappointed in me. He felt betrayed by me."

Demetrious Nodded " What did he say to you?"

Octavian sighed " Nothing. He didnt say anything. He stared at me in silence the whole time as I was asking how he was and if he was given everything he needed for his stay. The place seemed comfortable. It has been arranged for that pack to be under house arrest arrangements rather than captivity. He seemed comfortable but I could feel his sadness. I could feel his broken heart. I pleaded to him to talk to me but he was staring into space. Ever since he was brought here last night from the battle, he hasn't said a word to anyone. Can you believe it? I think he is in total shock after being ambushed and getting defeated so quickly within less than an hour. I am worried about him. What if he loses the will to live."

Demetrious shook his head " You are worried for no reason. Once your father swears loyalty to Dante, my brother would allow Valentina to join him. I actually asked Dante if Valentina can go to your father and stay with him but Dante said, he wants to keep your father restless while he is waiting for the ceremony. If your father co-operates then your mother would be granted permission to get re-married to your father. As you know they got a divorce before you were born. Of course if your father knew you existed, they would not have separated but hey it's all in the past. So yeah, once your father kneels to Dante alongside all fallen leaders of other territories, then your mother can be reunited with your father who happens to be a former enemy of Arkansas. So that's the way it is. I know you wanted your mother to be allowed to visit your father to comfort him but that's not an option. You are only allowed to visit your father freely since your rank is now Warrior Knight working alongside me who happen to be Dante's Prosecuter Knight."