123. His Desires & Her Doubts

Dante and Athena were now standing on the rooftop of the main tower of the castle of spears and looking over the territory. Athena was leaning to Dante looking deep in thought while Dante was standing behind her and resting his hands on her stomach in a firm grip as though feeling Athena was going to attempt to escape him any minute.

Dante whispered " Athena. speak to me. what is going on in your mind. You wanted to be brought outside to get some fresh air. i guess I overwhelmed you and put too much pressure on you with suggesting to you that you need to compromise with me and match my affection for you in order for me to grant you your wishes about how I rule. Well. Thats the way it is. Everything has a cost. But tell me Athena what is really troubling you right now. You are too deep in thought. You havent said a word since we stepped outside."

Dante's words did nothing to put Athena at ease. He heart was racing. She spoke "Dante. What if I told you I am not ready for this life. I cant imagine living as a ruler alongside you. I love you but not in the possessive way that you love me. Your intense feelings towards me scares me. What if I break your heart one day. What if our relationship does not work. Then what would happen?"

Dante spoke in a husky voice "What do you think will happen my love? If you break my heart, then i will break yours. I am not being unreasonable here Athena. I have given you enough time and space to think about our relationship.Right now, I am willing to give you even more time and space but you cant expect me to endure being apart from you. I cant stand it Athena. Even right this minute, the thought of those you have been in contact with for all your life really bothers me. They are the ones I hold responsible for separating you from me for longer than it was necessary. I want you to only to think of me and not Donavan and certainly not Alaska. Thats why destroying that bracelet is so important to me. You have to hand me that bracelet Athena or you would face the consequences one day. You think this through and decide if its worth betraying me darling. Because whether you like it or not, I am a Ronas and I don't forgive. When I get revenge I don't spare anything or anyone. Believe me. So before you jump on the chance to deny anything, think your situation through. You are playing a dangerous game, my love, if you ever think you can deceive me. We both know the power of betrayal. Remember what it did to my ancestor the Ronas. Don't push me to the edge because if I fall you would fall with me. If you damage my heart, I will damage yours."

Athena was wary of how to answer Dante in a way not to offend him. it helped that her back was to him and Dante couldnt make her feel guilty with his deep gaze."Dante. I told you I dont have the bracelet. I have chosen you and have rejected Donavan. What would take for you to let this all go."

Dante growled "The truth Athena. Only the truth. You told me you dont have the bracelet. Obviously you don't. You are not wearing it but surely you know where it is. This is not about Donavan Athena. This is about you and me and our relationship that is over shadowed by the parts of your past you are not willing to give up. You are my blood match but you are afraid to confess to me your fears and your secrets. You are holding so much back from me. I believe you when you say you are not scheming against me or not yet anyways. But I dont believe you for a second that you passed up the opportunity to hold a reminder of that damn place you call home and that cursed warlock you call your best friend. Dont you see how Alaskans are ruining the start of our relationship. Athena try to understand the seriousness of this. That bracelet offered to you by Donavan symbolises your past for me and everything you were supposed to give up when you surrundered to me. I want you to let it go. if you come to me to surrender that bracelet to me and help me destroy it, then i would believe that you are willing to let go of all you have known and you are ready for your real destiny by my side."

Athena sighed "What is my destiny Dante. Tell me. What do you think is my real purpose of being in your castle. You dont even need me here. You have all the power you need. You have a prophecy that is on your side and does not mention any one influencing your victories."