147. The Ronas Rage (Part 2)

Dante was sitting in Athena's chambers in the secure tower where he used to lock her in. He was sitting on facing the window. He was trying hard to focus and to feel a connection to her.

He whispered " Why couldn't you stay with me? Why my love? I miss you dearly. Why couldn't you give our love more credit. Why did you run to the arms of my enemies? Why? Now you are forcing me to come after you. What has this relationship has come to? How long do I have to chase you for Athena? How long? Days, weeks, months, years? You give me an answer now."

Dante waited for seconds but there was no response. He then roared " Answer me damn it. Answer me. I know you can hear me. Our blood match bond is something out of the extraordinary. I know you can hear me when I can talk to you. Don't be a coward. Do I have to blackmail you always to get an answer out of you? Do I have to threaten one of the people you care about the most so you would grace me with a response. Come back to me this instance and we can get married and you can give me heirs. Why can't we be like normal couples Athena? Why do I have to be the one chasing you all the time. Why are you always on the run and i am the one hunting you down. It doesn't have to be this way you know." Dante gave out a frustrated sigh and was about to leave.

Suddenly he felt warmth surrounding him in the room and her musical voice whispered " But it does have to be this way Dante. We are opposite poles. We will always be fighting. But .... it doesn't mean that I don't love you and I don't miss you. It's hurting me to be far apart from you. It is hurting me more than you know."

Dante couldn't believe Athena was responding to him. Her beautiful voice sounded so close as though she was within inches of him. Dante sighed "Come back to me then. If its hurting you to be away from me then what are you waiting for. Come back to me my love."

Athena's voice whispered with a sad tone " I can't do this Dante. You know why already. Do I have to keep repeating myself? The answer is simple and yet you hate to hear it. For the last time. I am not ready."

Dante laughed " Thats your excuse. But the truth is that you are scared. You can't believe how much you love me. It scares the day lights out of you."

Athena's voice was now defensive " I am no coward Dante. I am not scared of anything."

Dante spoke " You are scared of how much you love me. I know this since .... I feel the same way sometimes. It scares me how much i am willing to defy my nature and my own Rules all because of you.That distant cousin of yours showed up today in case you didn't know. Arethusa. I could have killed her. I had the chance. I should have really taken her life on the spot with the stunt she pulled. If I had ended her life, many captives that I was about to execute would have been at my mercy and killed by now but she saved them. I didn't do it since you share blood with her. Forgiveness and showing mercy are not how I do things. I give up many urges for you and act too soft. That is pretty scary to me ..... but don't get all excited my love. There is so much I would allow for you. Just wait for me. I am coming for you. I am coming for your family. I am coming for the ancient society. I would make them suffer for taking you away. Have no doubt. I may not kill your blood but that's where I draw the line."

Athena sounded she was in pain " When are you going to stop? When does it all end? You are creating more distance between us this way. Don't do this."

Dante smiled " Do I have to repeat myself Athena. For the last time. I want to conquer the world. I want to bring every being on this earth to their knees. I would stop when every living being lives to serve me, their master. If you think you know what you will be facing my love. Think again. I am becoming more and more powerful as the days go by. You may have escaped me for now but you can't be running forever. I will catch you and when I do, I would take you down that aisle whether you are ready or not. And you will give me heirs. The future is ours. The future belongs to our children. Have no doubt."