74. Master's Greetings (part 2)

Dante smirked as he was feeling the unease amongst the new recruits. The nerves were sinking into their souls after Tiberious was appointed. Now most of them felt like they had something to prove too. He addressed them "Now young ones, your next task will be to duel with my top fighters. The male recruits have to face Dylan and the female recruits have to face Tanya." He then threw two burgundy coloured stones to the ground and summoned his two commanders into his chambers.

He spoke with delight as they instantly appeared kneeling and avoiding eye contact: "You may rise commanders and you are allowed to make eye contact. Before anyththing else Tanya, I would like to inform you that your brother has been appointed as the personal Ronas Advisor before this round three of the interviews so that is why he is watching. he is already recruited. Now, Dylan you are required to fight with the boys and Tanya you are fighting the girls. I will be calling names and after your battle I will deliver the result to you. Now all of you new recruits spread yourselves round the room. You will step forward to the middle when I call you."

As the new recruits sat around the room he turned to Dylan and Tanya " Commanders, dont take it easy on them. Dont deliver any spells or blows that cause immidiate death but dont hold back otherwise. This is the most serious part of the interviews. You are of course allowed to drink re-energising potions provided for you here so you do not feel worn out as the fights go on".

The two commanders bowed and spoke " As you command master."

Dante then gestured to Demetrious to follow him to stand beside him while he sat behind his desk, he then turned to Demetrious and whispered: No matter what happens, do not interfere in the duels. I will call the end of each duel. I want them to be tested to their limits. If you try to shield anyone or intercept any fights, you will regret it. Believe me."

Demetrious rolled his eyes: " I wont dream of ruining the fun part of the interviews for you. I know how much you love your entertainment."

Dante addressed the recruits " Now, I would like to see the siblings Rowlen and Roxana taking on my commanders first. You are Dylan's cousins and I have high expectations of you. Step forward and make your way to the middle of my chambers and begin immidiately."

As the new recruits touched the ground, Tanya and Dylan began their offence. They put up a good fight but lasted for half an hour before they were pinned down. Dante shouted" Halt. You may stop. Stand up."

The exhausted forms of Roxana and Rowlen stood up and waited patiently for master to announce his judgement. Dante took his time while leaning back in his chair and by sending some intimidating waves towards all recruits and felt satisfied as they all shuddered. He spoke " You both put up a very good fight. You lasted as long as I expected. I expect no less from Marious's bloodline. Both of you have fighters genes. Rowlen I would like to appoint you as a junior commander in the fighter division and you will be reposrting to your Senior Commander, Dylan. I would also appoint you Roxana as a junior commander under the tracker division. You will be reporting to senior commanders, Lucia, Tanya and Flora. Are there any objections from either of you."

Both new recruits looked starrtled at the verdict that they could be allowed to serve their master. They knew Dylan was going to make them pay if they had failed. So they were too relieved to even dream of objecting. They said in unison " No master, as you command."

Dante spoke: "Dismissed. Take a seat. Now the next sibling pair I would like to see are Bethany and Blake. You are Benjamin's siblings. I hope you do not disappoint your brother who has been one of my most loyal commanders for years. Now, you may begin immidiately."

Bethany and Blake appeared in front of the two commanders and were ambushed by spells and physical assaults immidiately. They both put up a good fight and even delivered some fatal blows to the commanders. After they were both pinned down, their master announced the end of the duel and asked them to stand up.