157. Love in War

Demetrious was holding Aretha's waist tightly from behind and loving her touch as they were in their room looking out the window. Demetrious had been holding on to his beloved for so long in silence as they were watching the beautiful skies of Transylvania.

Aretha spoke "I cant stop looking at the stars. Look at all those comets. Its such a beautiful sight."

Demetrious spoke "Not as beautiful as you in my arms."

Aretha chuckled "Of course you would say that. I am your blood match."

Demetrious took a deep breath "But you are beautiful."

Aretha spoke "So are you and we belong to each other."

Demetrious smiled "You can say that again. I just wish this moment could last forever. I just want to hold you like this for all eternity. You are right where you belong. In my embrace."

Aretha spoke "You hold me so tight as though ..... you are about to lose me. You can relax Demetrious. I am not going anywhere."

Demetrious remained silent and kissed Aretha on the side of her forehead and he whispered "Your hair is so soft like velvet."

Aretha laughed "Are you flirting? You dont have to. Just say it. Just tell me you want to make out and I would be happy to comply. More than happy." She then turned around as she was still in Demetrious's embrace and wrapped her arms around his neck. She bit her lip and leaned close and whispered "Why are you trembling Demetrrious. Just relax. Why can't you be at ease. Just let it go." She then leaned closer and brushed her lips against his. But as Demetrious didnt respond. Aretha gave out a frustrated sigh "What is the matter Demetrious? Ever since you have stepped foot in this castle, you are acting strangely. Why are you avoiding my kisses?"

Demetrious stuttered "I dont deserve you. I really dont. I feel like I am taking advantage here. We both have been apart for so long. We miss each other. Its natural for us to crave each other's touch. I believe, I should earn your touch."

Aretha shook her head "You already have earned my touch. You are the sweetest, most gentle, most beautiful and the bravest man I know and I want to kiss you now. Nothing you say would stop me. So be ready sweetheart." She then leaned close and touched her lips against his.

Demetrious closed his eyes and moved his lips against hers. His touch was gentle and he wanted their moment to remain this way but Aretha had other ideas. She deepened the kiss and Demetrious had to take a step backwards to balance himself and tripped over a chair.

Aretha laughed as they were broken apart "You are so sweet Demetrious." She then walked to the bed and laid down. She spoke "Come hold me. We only have a few hours before your brother would attack. We must make the most of it. You heard Archelous. He said we have a few hours to rest before the deadline your brother has issued. Dante is a lunatic. He actually thinks we would hand you over. He has nerve sending a messenger sphere to Archelous asking for your surrounder. What is it with him.I cant believe he has threatened to get Octavian to flatten the entire region if you dont surrender. But he is attacking this castle and this region anyways. Whats the difference if you go to him or not?"

Demetrious was standing next to the bed looking at Aretha lovingly but with concern " It would make a difference. I wish for Archelous to hand me over ....."

Aretha spoke "Dont you dare say it. I am not letting you leave my side again. Ever. You just get hurt at his hands again if you go to him. Whats the point?"

Demetrious walked to the bed and laid down next to Aretha facing her. He took her hand in his and spoke "The point would be that if I am there by my brother's side, then he would leave you alone. I have endangered you by coming to you. But part of me couldnt stand being away from you any longer. I had to see you. I had to look into your beautiful eyes again. Thats why I feel that I dont really deserve you. I am your blood match. I am supposed to protect you. I am not supposed to hurt you or endanger you....."