129. Her Tough Battles

As Dante teleported Athena back to her room after visiting Donavan in his cell, Athena broke away immediately and stepped backwards slowly " You knew. You knew he was going to be completely broken if he saw me in your arms. You made him watch us making out to hurt him and to show him what he had lost. I actually thought for once you were doing something for me. I thought you were showing consideration to me and how I felt when you agreed to let me see him."

Dante spoke coldly "Firstly, I thought you knew I don't like you mentioning his name. I took you to see him and that should have been your goodbye. I don't want my woman to think of any man but me. He will be locked up in that prison for as long as I wish. I only decide what to do with my enemies. Secondly, my love, how can you complain about him watching us making out? You are the one who asked for this. You asked to see Donavan. I granted your request. That's how I see it. Besides he knew already that you had surrendered to me. What did he expect?"

Athena sighed " I hate myself for asking you to go see him. I crushed him. I totally made him devastated. All the spark in him is gone all because what he witnessed. He was hoping I hadn't given in to you. I took away that ray of hope from him. You knew it was going to happen Dante. I wish you had not let me see him....... Please Dante. There has to be a way to convince you to set him free. I feel guilty for what you are putting him through. It's all my fault."

Dante laughed bitterly " Why are you beating yourself up for this. Its not your fault, he is locked up right now. He knew what he was doing when he returned for you. He was sent away to the safety of Alaska by you but yet he fought off your coven and came back. He was ready to die to convince me to set you free. He fought hard too. He is a skilled fighter like his brother Dylan. Too bad he is fighting for the wrong cause. If he was on my side, he would have been made a commander by now. But instead he has chosen to be my punch bag in one of my prison cells. Quite a tragic loss if you ask me but he deserves what's coming to him since he went after your heart. That is an unforgivable crime."

Athena cringed " I wish you weren't so heartless Dante. What good does keeping him captive would do?"

Dante leaned close and spoke firmly " My love. The more you think of him, the worse his state will get. When i see you cutting out your heart for him, I get a big urge to go back down there and finish what I was about to do to him when you stopped me with placing your sweet lips on mine. That was an unfair way of getting what you wanted but I am not complaining. A willing kiss from you, my love is just pure pleasure. Now enough about him."

Athena was frustrated. " I don't understand why you insist on inflicting pain and misery on others. You have a twisted mind."

Dante walked to Athena and stood towering over her staring at her shaking form. She was shaking from rage leaning on the wall and Dante found it quite amusing " My love, you are adorable when you are full of rage. I guess you have such a pure heart, even I find your anger attractive. If you knew how much you were turning me on right now by your little rant, you would have dropped the subject of Donavan as we had arrived at your room. Do you really want to continue turning me on. Your anger gives me energy. Your fury makes me hopeful that maybe soon you will be more like me and we will be thinking along the same line. Let your dark side come out my love. I can feel what you want the most. You want to slap me. Don't you. Do it darling and see what I would do. If you want a passionate fight, you will get one. We are in your bedroom so if you attack me, I will mix pain and pleasure together if you know what I mean."

Athena gasped with disbelief " I can't believe how outrageous your words are. I think you are right on one thing. I want to slap you. But you are wrong on me ever becoming like you. I would never turn into a cold blooded conceited conquerer."

She expected Dante to show some anger but he chuckled " Well described my love. Thanks for the compliment. I have worked hard years to establish myself as a cold blooded conquerer. Empathy is a poisonous feeling. The sooner you realise that the better. It has come to the point that I don't feel any remorse or guilt towards hurting others. In Fact I feel pure pleasure when I torment the weak and put empaths in their place. Look at Donavan for instance. He tried to steal the woman I love but now he is locked up in a dim cell with no company and no hope. I am his only visitor and I guess he may become lonely to a point one day that he may welcome the hours I spend on tormenting him every day."