73. Master's Greetings (part 1)

Dante was sitting behind his desk and looking at his young recruits curiously. They were just allowed in his chambers and were still all kneeling on the floor and looking down. He was keeping them waiting to test how long they could last under pressure. Dante was aware that it was the first time for any of them to being addressed by him at such close proximity. So he wanted to keep them waiting and guessing for as long as he wished to intimidate them and then test out who was the strongest mentally.

Demetrious was standing stiffly beside Dante and looking displeased. It was no secret that Demetrious was not keen for getting introduced to the whole world as Dante's co-leader. Messenger spheres were being sent put that he was from this day onwards, promoted from commander position to Prosecutor Knight position. He was now almost a co-leader to Dante but only he had limited authority. Demetrious sighed " He was hoping that Athena's advice on accepting the role was not going to make him regret his decisions.

Dante waved his hands and created a sound barrier that prevented the young recruits from hearing him. He then looked to Demetrious and smirked " What do you think of them Demetrious? Aren't they strong? I can feel their powers and talents very clearly. Each one has a lot to offer."

Demetrious nodded reluctantly " Of course. Your commanders have put forward the finest and brightest as their recommendations."

Dante frowned " Obviously, not all of them are bright. Look at the three of them missing. But I don't blame my commanders for recommending them. They passed the tests and trials with flying colours. They failed their loyalty test. Not their power test."

Demetrious spoke warily " Dante. What are you planning to do with Sabrina, Elisha and Oberon. They are too young. I am sure they didn't know what they were doing."

Dante smirked " Don't you think you are pushing your luck Demetrious? These are traitor Arkansans. They will have to be severely punished. I may allow you to have an input regarding the captives in western territory since they are not important to me as much as my wanted list are. But traitors to their own land will only be treated the way I wish for it to happen. Now lets get back to the recruits. What do you think of them?"

Demetrious remained silent and thoughtful. He was not happy with Dante's response but he had to hide his feelings as always. He knew the discussion on traitors was a touchy subject so he decided to comply with Dante's wishes for now. He sighed and looked at his brother with a sad expression " You would not really consider my input on this. I am certain. If successful, they would become your commanders, so I don't think my views are of any value. But surely my favourite recruit is ......Xanthos."

Dante laughed " Demetrious. Don't you ever try to defy me again brother. I let this go just this once since your answer amused me. Next time, do not try to deceive me. I can sense who you are rooting for. Your eyes have caught Zachary, Zelina and Tiberious. I can tell by the positive emotions you are sending their way. I tell you what. All three of them are on my favourite list and of course the one you hate the most that you just mentioned, Xanthos. You cant stand Xanthos since he is the mirror image of his brother, Xavier and surely his waves of powers and emotions resemble his big brother's as well."

Demetrious sighed " Tell me brother why those recruits interest you?"

Dante spoke "We both always knew that Zachary, Xanthos and Zelina were future born leaders. They had places reserved on the leadership division list ever since they were born. But as you can see Tiberious is the special one I did not expect to make me impressed to this level. He is described as a genius but he is much much more. I read his reports from the sacred river but his reports even don't do him justice. I can feel, he is trying so hard to hide so much from us even at this moment. He is suppressing his emotions very hard right now, hoping that we cant break through his barriers. His knowledge is limitless. He is an expert in all fields except combat of course. But he still can defend himself well due to his strong genes. Uh, I want to question him this very minute. I don't know how long i can resist the urge before i make him reveal all his knowledge to me. I may even cut this interview short to just lock him up in a room and question him. He has met people and has seen objects he wishes he hadn't. I can feel the powers of those individuals he has shaken hands with. They are surely on my wish list to capture. I can even feel, the waves of power that has touched him from the one object that I seek the most. I know he has come close to finding it but I can't feel him touching it. So I have alot in store for that one. He is going to be treated differently to all of them. Uh. And don't give me that look. I won't hurt him. Its not his fault that he is too smart. His gifts should be cherished and put to good use but he needs help with that."